Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I shop for a Giulia, I'm wondering what is acceptable/normal delivery mileage.

My 2012 GTI had 35 miles on the clock when I picked it up.

What have owners on here had on their cars at delivery?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have had from 3 to 300. The typical I recall is 5 to 15. I would not worry about anything up to 25 or so.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had 31; seemed reasonable to me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking at a Giulia which has 80 miles and not sure what to do? Ask for $$ off?

Seems too much to me, though not enough to be a deal-breaker.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had about 40 miles on mine. All new cars I've bought had up to 100 miles on them. Seems reasonable for transportation needs and test drives at the dealership.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Folks keep in mind that there's usually only 1 Alfa Romeo Dealer in a major city, compared to say a Chrysler, Ford, GMC, Nissan, etc that might have 4-5 Dealers. There's a lot of test driving going on with these new Giulia's. If you didn't special order one or happen to pull in the dealership as a fresh shipment is rolling off a truck. Then expect these Giulia's (especially being a new build) that is the Dealer's inventory to have more test miles than usual.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Not sure how it is on the giulia, but on (some) other Alfa models there is the possibility of resetting the odometer to zero once within max 200 km's .....

<snip>
The instrument is supplied by the factory with the possibility of resetting the total mileage counter only once during the first 200 km (or 125 miles).

The possibility of this zeroing is shown on the LCD by the letter 'H' at the first digit (7 segments) on the left.

If the operation described previously is carried out before 200 km is reached, the total mileage counter is zeroed (the partial mileage recorder is zeroed, the Trip meter is zeroed, the Service mileage is zeroed) if the '0 km' button is pressed for t > 10 s the letter H disappears.

If this operation is not carried out when 200 km is reached/exceeded, the letter H disappears and the km travelled are maintained and displayed and the possibility of zeroing the total mileage counter is lost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you are leasing the car, it is irrelevant.

If you are buying the car, the manufacturer allows up to 500 miles before its needs to be a customer unit.

I cant speak for other stores, but we dont trash cars here, but do offer extended test drives etc on occasion.

·
Registered
189 Posts
mine had 35 or so, also a factory sticker on the window advised that it was selected for extra quality control testing that included a road test (not sure if they all have that sticker or road test)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had 36, but I bought a car off the lot, not a special order. I also put 15 of those on it on my test drive.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had about 40 miles on mine. All new cars I've bought had up to 100 miles on them. Seems reasonable for transportation needs and test drives at the dealership.
So maybe 80 is not unreasonable?

Just replied to a post of yours on the Alfacare thread. Has the latest problem with your Ti been fixed?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Special order

I special ordered mine but I've got to tell you, I was soooooooo excited when it arrived...I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE !!!! :grin2:

Reactions: cyirush

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you are leasing the car, it is irrelevant.

If you are buying the car, the manufacturer allows up to 500 miles before its needs to be a customer unit.

I cant speak for other stores, but we dont trash cars here, but do offer extended test drives etc on occasion.
Why is it irrelevant if it's a lease?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts