Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm looking at the owner's manual and on page 67, it describes the Acceleration Gauge. I have seen this in action, but I don't recall the numeric value (as displayed in the manual.) Also, I don't recall seeing the "Acceleration Stability Gauge" display. Can someone tell me how this screen is accessed on my Ti?

The owner's manual can be downloaded at:
https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...Giulia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia_Base-OM-3rd.pdf

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
When you are in Dynamic mode, use the side button on the wiper switch. I too have never see numeric values or the Acceleration Stability Gauge.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Anything over .5G Left or Right will show up accordingly on the Left or Right of the display. I haven't hit 1G yet but did get up to .67G (wife was in the car so I was taking it a bit easy) :) So, if you haven't seen a number come up your are not driving hard enough :)

Reactions: ybba

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,116 Posts
Anything over .5G Left or Right will show up accordingly on the Left or Right of the display. I haven't hit 1G yet but did get up to .67G (wife was in the car so I was taking it a bit easy) :) So, if you haven't seen a number come up your are not driving hard enough :)
Or you've been paying too much attention to the road and surroundings.

Reactions: ybba and RipTek

·
Registered
573 Posts
Or you've been paying too much attention to the road and surroundings.
Well, I did have the wife in the car reading off the numbers so I was watching the road (mostly) :grin2:

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
653 Posts
Push it

All I ever see is a red dot bounce around inside a circle. Rather useless actually. I've got more important things to look at, like the road.
I have found you can get the most out of this useless (but fun) little tool, when getting onto an expressway on one of those clover-leaf, curved entry ramps. If you really hammer it around the bend so that you are at top speed going around the curve and just before hitting the expressway, you will see that little red dot turn into flashing concentric rings and numbers. Kinda cool, but admittedly useless.
And I have to say, I've never owned a car that can handle a curve at a high rate of speed more effortlessly. The suspension is out of this world.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's an interesting feature, but as others have said, mostly useless. What I'd love to see is a software update that replaces it with live time Torque/HP.

The car does corner very well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Alfa should add a recording feature for the g meter, consider it a safety feature.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,116 Posts
Alfa should add a recording feature for the g meter, consider it a safety feature.
An idea that could backfire.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yup. My wife in the passenger seat is a good G-meter. The louder she screams....

When she starts getting sick, I know I've hit one G. In her defense, it isn't just one turn, but quite a few left-right-left-right combinations at very high Gs. Again, I'm to busy watching the road to pay attention to that little red dot.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
"when she starts getting sick"

your wife must not scream as loud as mine.
I've had kids and dogs get sick; by then the wife is in shriek mode.
My wife gets motion sickness, somewhat easily. She doesn't go on roller coasters. When we owned our 34 foot sailboat, she was fine on calmer days, but when the wind and seas picked and I was starting to enjoy it, she'd get sick.

When I bought my 4C three years ago, she had a change (slowly), and tries to tolerate it more. She knows that I really enjoy the twisties and she really likes the 4C. I know to keep it gentle for her sake and there are times she tells to go have fun without her. There have been a few times that I've had to stop for a while and let her system calm down then take it extra slow. Even when I'm going extra slow I catch up to slower traffic.

So far, she hasn't gotten sick in the Giulia. Perhaps I'm not pushing the Giulia as hard as I push the 4C. But, I think we're all happier when she doesn't get sick.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
"going extra slow"

uh yes, the "you're passing everybody' line
nah, never heard that one before.
I never said I was passing anybody. Just that my slow is still faster than everybody else.

I was in my work truck one day. Had half a load of bricks and my wife (girlfriend at the time). Took the canyon route over the hill. My old truck is just that, and old one ton truck, not a sports car. I didn't want to toss my bricks around or upset my lady. Somehow, I caught up to slower traffic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts