Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cross posting this here (I also posted it in the "problems" forum). My CarPlay immediately stopped working after the Adaptive Cruise Control recall. The dealer's attempts to re-install it were unsuccessful. Apparently this is a known problem that is software related and FCA said they are working on a patch. My dealer was not able to get an ETA on the patch.

·
Registered
290 Posts
if its a patch. there should be a way to retro fit car play on 2017 models. I'm will to pay for car play up grade I have a QV and don't have car play. just saying ...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case anyone else has this problem, my dealer called me and said that the patch resolving this issue should be available next week. Keeping my fingers crossed

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Since sig lines appear to be absent w/ the new forum software, which model year are we talking about here?

I have MY18 and the ACC update did not have a negative impact on CarPlay.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Since sig lines appear to be absent w/ the new forum software, which model year are we talking about here?

I see the signature line...this is yours. Safari on iPad.

'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 “Quasifoglio” (Alfa Rosso on black/tan) w/ Madness tuning suite (MaxPower Pro ECU, AutoFlash TCU, and GoPedal+ throttle), AFE GT Momentum intake, Remus axle-back exhaust

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I see the signature line...this is yours. Safari on iPad.

'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 “Quasifoglio” (Alfa Rosso on black/tan) w/ Madness tuning suite (MaxPower Pro ECU, AutoFlash TCU, and GoPedal+ throttle), AFE GT Momentum intake, Remus axle-back exhaust
Interesting. I’m on iPX running Safari on latest iOS, 12.3.2 maybe, and see no sigs. I’ve not logged in on iPad or Macbook pro yet.

EXIT: I should add I see no indication I am in mobile view either.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Interesting. I’m on iPX running Safari on latest iOS, 12.3.2 maybe, and see no sigs. I’ve not logged in on iPad or Macbook pro yet.

EXIT: I should add I see no indication I am in mobile view either.
I don’t know what iPX is, but I’m on iOS 12.3.1 which is the latest version. Here’s what my screen looks like.
28C7606A-3BA6-4F7E-8FF6-8FA4DDD5DD6C.png

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
if its a patch. there should be a way to retro fit car play on 2017 models. I'm will to pay for car play up grade I have a QV and don't have car play. just saying ...
Given the OP has a '18, your theory fails. The '18's+ use different software on different hardware...unless your '17 display fails, then they replace it with an '18 unit, install '18 software, and refuse to change the USB hub and enable ACP/AA.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I have MY 18 TI sport

Q4

Chadster: I have a MY 18 Giulia TI sport Q4. I think this affected a small minority of users, since i haven't seen anyone else complaining about it here, or elsewhere on the Internet. However, according to my dealer, Alfa admitted it is not unique to my vehicle, which I think it borne out by the fact that they did actually create a software fix.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Chadster: I have a MY 18 Giulia TI sport Q4. I think this affected a small minority of users, since i haven't seen anyone else complaining about it here, or elsewhere on the Internet. However, according to my dealer, Alfa admitted it is not unique to my vehicle, which I think it borne out by the fact that they did actually create a software fix.
Ah, ok. I didn't know if it was a MY19 thing or what. Hopefully you're back up and running with CarPlay soon; I'd be very unhappy without it!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
@wingler Thanks, I see it is a phone orientation issue; no sigs in portrait w/ iPhone X, but they display when viewing in landscape orientation.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
@wingler Thanks, I see it is a phone orientation issue; no sigs in portrait w/ iPhone X, but they display when viewing in landscape orientation.
No problem. I just looked on my iPhone X and see what you mean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts