Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in the process of considering buying a used 2019 QV with low miles. A quick backstory is I used to have a Ti Sport that I leased for 2 years and absolutely loved it. Went to trade it in the beginning of the year and fell in love with the last new 2018 4C they had so I purchased and really enjoyed it. Well, after things opened up her in NJ I got hit by a car a couple of months and broke my back. While the bones have healed, it's just too difficult to get in and out of the 4C so I've been looking for a replacement and what better than a QV so thought I'd ask the community some questions before completing purchase.

It's in great shape with a couple of issues. The carbon fiber insert in the side skirt is cracked in multiple places but when I tried to look up the part it seems I need to replace the entire skirt? Is that true? Any idea what it might cost?

There's also a chip right on the driver's side infrared windshield just below FOV and they said it could be filled. Is there anything special about the infrared glass that may make the fill not hold up? I realize it isn't cheap to fix.

The front lip looks good and a quick glance at the underside including where the cracked carbon is and that's fine. I got a paint meter and looked all over the car and I didn't see any issue with paint. Anything else I should be looking for?

And lastly, I know it's very subjective but has anyone been unhappy if they switched from a 4C to the QV? The Ti brought me smiles, the 4C widened the grin and the long test drive in the QV keeps seems to keep that big grin alive. I've had BMW M3s, Mercedes AMGs, etc. and I know the Alfa is better than all of them for me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
57 Posts
Hi, I'm in the process of considering buying a used 2019 QV with low miles. A quick backstory is I used to have a Ti Sport that I leased for 2 years and absolutely loved it. Went to trade it in the beginning of the year and fell in love with the last new 2018 4C they had so I purchased and really enjoyed it. Well, after things opened up her in NJ I got hit by a car a couple of months and broke my back. While the bones have healed, it's just too difficult to get in and out of the 4C so I've been looking for a replacement and what better than a QV so thought I'd ask the community some questions before completing purchase.

It's in great shape with a couple of issues. The carbon fiber insert in the side skirt is cracked in multiple places but when I tried to look up the part it seems I need to replace the entire skirt? Is that true? Any idea what it might cost?

There's also a chip right on the driver's side infrared windshield just below FOV and they said it could be filled. Is there anything special about the infrared glass that may make the fill not hold up? I realize it isn't cheap to fix.

The front lip looks good and a quick glance at the underside including where the cracked carbon is and that's fine. I got a paint meter and looked all over the car and I didn't see any issue with paint. Anything else I should be looking for?

And lastly, I know it's very subjective but has anyone been unhappy if they switched from a 4C to the QV? The Ti brought me smiles, the 4C widened the grin and the long test drive in the QV keeps seems to keep that big grin alive. I've had BMW M3s, Mercedes AMGs, etc. and I know the Alfa is better than all of them for me.

Thanks!
QV would be an awesome transition from 4C, IMO.
Few things I would suggest;
If the QV has Sparco seats, they sit a little lower than regular seats so check how it will feel on your back before purchase. Even if it has the Sparco seats and you don’t feel comfortable in them, I am sure you can find someone who would be willing to switch them with their regular seats.
I would check with Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange for the cracked CF side skirt. He had a few parts QVs, he might have a replacement one for you.
I am not familiar with fixing the IR windshield Mine was cracked in multiple places, I ended up replacing it with an OEM windshield. That costs about 1300. I looked up a none-OEM windshield from Safelite is around 770 with all features like IR, and all other sensors.
Good luck with your purchase.
Erdem

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I’ve had my windshield chips fixed 3 times at safelite. No issues. Small cracks are gonna happen. My QV seems like a magnet for rocks on shitty philly streets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. The seats are the regular ones and they felt fine while on the test drive. In addition to getting in and out of the 4C, the seat is just too firm and not adjustable enough to get comfortable with my back now.

Here is the deal which I welcome feedback on. The price on the 2019 QV is 55 with 4K mikes and it’s a pretty basic model with MSRP around 77. They are offering 43K for the 4C which was around 68 sticker.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
IMHO, just talking about dollars, $55K for a 2019QV $77K MSRP with 4K miles is very attractive. You're paying it like it was a 2018. A 2018 4C $68K MSRP may cost today about $46K so, you may be able to negotiate a $2-3K off in this trade-in-the-4C-buy-the-QV deal. Now, I don't now the conditions of the QV (the windshield chips is not a big deal, even if it is a $1.3K replace) nor how it was treated in those $4K (nor if it had any major issues with that CF sideskirt). Try to investigate more about it.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
57 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. The seats are the regular ones and they felt fine while on the test drive. In addition to getting in and out of the 4C, the seat is just too firm and not adjustable enough to get comfortable with my back now.

Here is the deal which I welcome feedback on. The price on the 2019 QV is 55 with 4K mikes and it’s a pretty basic model with MSRP around 77. They are offering 43K for the 4C which was around 68 sticker.
How many miles are on your 4C?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4C was new when I bought it in January so it only has around 2K miles on it. Given my situation, I need to drive more and the 4C is just not comfortable for me now and I realize I may get more by not trading as 4C prices look to be rising but I'm just trying to gauge if this is a fair deal considering. I got a heck of a deal on the 4C so the trade loss is not that significant.

Regarding the CF skirt the cracks are in a couple of places about a foot apart. On visual inspection there is no additional damage to the surrounding area of the skirt. Here is what it looks like.

IMG_5552.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
57 Posts
4C was new when I bought it in January so it only has around 2K miles on it. Given my situation, I need to drive more and the 4C is just not comfortable for me now and I realize I may get more by not trading as 4C prices look to be rising but I'm just trying to gauge if this is a fair deal considering. I got a heck of a deal on the 4C so the trade loss is not that significant.

Regarding the CF skirt the cracks are in a couple of places about a foot apart. On visual inspection there is no additional damage to the surrounding area of the skirt. Here is what it looks like.

View attachment 101501
It looks like he might have hit a curb or something. Like it’s been suggested, I would definitely peek under the car to make sure he didn’t go over a curb and damaged a suspension component or the under-tray itself. ( that under tray is a carbon composite tray that costs a pretty penny)

·
Registered
3 Posts
What dealership are you buying the used QV ? I live in NJ and was looking at a White used 2019 QV over at Baker Chrysler Jeep only to find out it was in an accident with front left quarter panel damage. Price was right only like 2,000 miles on it, but I just can't trust that this car is right. Buyer beware, especially you see that carbon fiber skirt is cracked up, that shows abuse or someone that drives recklessly.

I Ended up buying a brand new 2020 Rosso Red Competizione, couldn't be happier. Fullerton Alfa in Somerville NJ is great and got a great deal on this car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What dealership are you buying the used QV ? I live in NJ and was looking at a White used 2019 QV over at Baker Chrysler Jeep only to find out it was in an accident with front left quarter panel damage. Price was right only like 2,000 miles on it, but I just can't trust that this car is right. Buyer beware, especially you see that carbon fiber skirt is cracked up, that shows abuse or someone that drives recklessly.

I Ended up buying a brand new 2020 Rosso Red Competizione, couldn't be happier. Fullerton Alfa in Somerville NJ is great and got a great deal on this car
It‘s a red QV traded in at an Aston Martin dealer that’s been there a month or two. CarFax, while not perfect, just has a couple of Dealer services. Dealer has no problem having someone look at it but I’ll make sure to check that area well.

Not totally happy with the 4C trade value as these look to be increasing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts