Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About haters driving other vehicles

Did you notice that the more the Giulia is getting awards and international appreciation, the more haters and ignorant about cars are trolling everywhere on socials and forums? Always talking about this (PREDICTED) reliability issues without any ownership experience. Saying that the Giulia looks like a Mazda, Hyundai or anything else it's in their envious mind! Crazy comparisons!
Trolls who, at the beginning, pretend to be owners, then they just start with a long list of complaints, after that they start talking about the competitors and how wonderful they are in comparison.
They always follow the same pattern. They just cannot stand the reality of facts: the Giulia is an amazing car. We are surrounded by envious people that are just HOPING that the Giulia will be a failure! :grin2:

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Sooooo true! It angers me as an owner. AlfaRomeo USA on Facebook puts up some nice photos and recently has been touting the MotorTrend Car of the Year award. It is always followed by a string of nonsense from morons who know nothing about the car, but just post the usual 30-year old clichés about Alfas breaking down. It appears that it is being orchestrated by one of the competitors who have hired a social media management company to put this crap out there about reliability problems. The posters never have any information or facts to back up their claims.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't spend much time worrying about what other ass-clowns think or write about the QV. I waited over a year to have it appear at my dealer after I saw all the videos in Europe, I knew I needed to have one and felt even more so after driving it. I've had it for 8 months and 9000 miles and haven't regretted it a single day .... I make up reasons to go out and drive it, I don't need to defend it to anyone ......

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I work at a place that is all about cars, and people couldn't wait for mine to break down. It didn't, but had to go to the dealership for other issues and got the laugh. However, at the end they turned their laugh around in a good name for the Giulia.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that they are losers and we don't need to defend our Giulia to anyone. But why it is so hard to find reasonable people? They should enjoy what they have and don't go around trying to cover everything else up.
I think that part of the reason is because many social network users are big nerds, spending all their time in front of the monitor to transfer their sadness. Also called "keyboard lions", when in real like are just sheep. And that's why in real life we get so much adulation.

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts
Did you notice that the more the Giulia is getting awards and international appreciation, the more haters and ignorant about cars are trolling everywhere on socials and forums? Always talking about this (PREDICTED) reliability issues without any ownership experience. Saying that the Giulia looks like a Mazda, Hyundai or anything else it's in their envious mind! Crazy comparisons!
Trolls who, at the beginning, pretend to be owners, then they just start with a long list of complaints, after that they start talking about the competitors and how wonderful they are in comparison.
They always follow the same pattern. They just cannot stand the reality of facts: the Giulia is an amazing car. We are surrounded by envious people that are just HOPING that the Giulia will be a failure! :grin2:
This is nothing new. Numb nuts who have never owned one claim they are unreliable. Far from the truth. The reason for some of this rumor is mechanics back in the day were limited and Alfa Romeo brings in a lot of people who want the car, want the prestige and the performance and pure coolness but did not want to pay to maintain them properly. So they took them to shadetree and mechanics not familiar with the cars, then it was a domino effect from there of things going wrong. This will be the same again with the new alfa's. I would recommend taking the vehicles to true Alfa mechanics and buying parts from well true alfa parts suppliers. Otherwise they turn to junk.

We always get the numb nuts asking if my Alfa for example is a honda or whatever. I even had some chick call my alfa 164 a fiero! What?

Just drive the car and screw what people think. You will run into the true car guys/gals who will love your car and know what it is. All alfa's are amazing that's why we are addicted. We are not addicted to misery and bloody knuckles, although that happens at times, my Audi allroad was no picnic and my Alfa is way more reliable and is much older.

Giulia will not be a failure with Marchione and Alfa doing their thing

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
This is nothing new. Numb nuts who have never owned one claim they are unreliable. Far from the truth. The reason for some of this rumor is mechanics back in the day were limited and Alfa Romeo brings in a lot of people who want the car, want the prestige and the performance and pure coolness but did not want to pay to maintain them properly. So they took them to shadetree and mechanics not familiar with the cars, then it was a domino effect from there of things going wrong. This will be the same again with the new alfa's. I would recommend taking the vehicles to true Alfa mechanics and buying parts from well true alfa parts suppliers. Otherwise they turn to junk.

We always get the numb nuts asking if my Alfa for example is a honda or whatever. I even had some chick call my alfa 164 a fiero! What?

Just drive the car and screw what people think. You will run into the true car guys/gals who will love your car and know what it is. All alfa's are amazing that's why we are addicted. We are not addicted to misery and bloody knuckles, although that happens at times, my Audi allroad was no picnic and my Alfa is way more reliable and is much older.

Giulia will not be a failure with Marchione and Alfa doing their thing
Jason, Truer words were never said.....Unqualified "mechanics" were the much bigger reason for Alfa's reputed unreliability.....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Excellent points!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts