Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A sad but common trend right now

Stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
717 Posts
It's sad. But, it's temporary. The infrastructures are sound. People are coming back, healthy and stronger than ever. Employers will re-hire (the same laid of people), productions will resume and by OND-2020, the DJ will be at 29,000 again. Forza people !!!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
We all see the stock market is on a tear last 3 days (in the US), but all deep analysis seems to point to a W shaped or multi-dip-multi-peak multi-see-saw economy (irrespective of the stock market) that won't truly start recovery till well into Q4 2020.

·
Registered
717 Posts
We all see the stock market is on a tear last 3 days (in the US), but all deep analysis seems to point to a W shaped or multi-dip-multi-peak multi-see-saw economy (irrespective of the stock market) that won't truly start recovery till well into Q4 2020.
Yep. I conversations today with an UBS guy, he thinks that it will be Dec-2020 when the DJI may be again stable in the 29's. And we didn't talk at all about the Nov-2020 event and the distractions in the prior months to that. In any case, I'm positive that we will recover and we will return to perform like Dec-2019 and Jan/Feb-2020 and better.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It's hard when you set people up to make money that's artificially inflated for their job profiles and then take it away. We are not talking cotton-mill workers from the 19th century England here. We have pulled this shit on ourselves by not having a culture where we put profits & taxes aside for a rainy day.
Sad for FCA but not GM? People are hurting.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I remember how past NJ Governor Corzine was sleeping with the head of the teacher's union in NJ and wrote unsupported budgets. So when it came time to actually support our teachers, we had no money left.
We have pulled this shit on ourselves by not having a culture where we put profits & taxes aside for a rainy day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts