Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
908 Posts
I think the location was fine, but the shop didn’t have full confidence they could patch & remount without damaging the tire and didn’t wanna take the liability.
They couldn’t patch a tire, but destroying your alignment was no problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
They couldn’t patch a tire, but destroying your alignment was no problem?
Unfortunately lol

Took it back first thing this morning and was told 1-2hrs. 3 hours later I drive by with my girlfriend to go pick up lunch & the car is just sitting there so I called and got the "oh I was just about to call you! The car has been ready I just haven't gotten a chance to test drive it to double check"

Anyway, picked it up shortly after & the steering wheel seems back to center or close at least, but now it has a slight pull to the left. My drive home is only a mile and a half so I'll confirm later on a longer drive.

Either way I don't feel like leaving it with them for another day & really don't trust them to fix it at this point so I emailed corporate to ask for a reimbursement on the alignment so I can take it elsewhere. We'll see what happens but at least it's drivable (I think) at the moment haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
On my second drive today (post tire shop) I had something kinda weird happen. Curvy roads in my neighborhood I got the rear end loose a little on a left curve.
After that, the ESC would flash on a relatively normal left turn at speed, and I’d feel the brakes engage & kinda fight the turn.

Super weird. Kept driving & at some point switched driving modes and it went away haha

Anyway, had a fun drive around Tampa Bay in today’s beautiful 70 degree weather. Here’s a photo:
Water Wheel Land vehicle Tire Car

Thanks all for the help 🤙🏼

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to hear about all your tire and alignment issues!
When I picked up my Giulia last May I got a flat on the way home, only 30 minutes from the dealer! Hit something in the road and got a big nail, stopped at a (real!) gas station and filled it up. The mechanic gave me the name of a tire place less than 15 minutes drive away. I got the tire fixed, they had no problem with patching it. This was a serious tire store, they do cars, tractor trailers and farm and industrial equipment. Guy said I won't have any problems and I have not, 13,000 miles later and the tire is fine. I think places that say they can't do it just don't know how. Hope you have good luck from here on out, the Guilia is an awesome car!

Reactions: colo
21 - 24 of 24 Posts