Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody, my name's Riccardo and I'm from a little town near Perugia, Umbria, Italy.
From July I own a Giulia Super 2.2 Diesel 150hp Montecarlo Blue Metallic. I know that for you in the US it could be an unusual, ridicoulous, engine for a Giulia but for a lot of good reasons here in Italy it is very common.
I'm here to share infos and exeperiences about this amazing car.
Ciao

PS. Sorry for my english...it's a little bit rusty!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Ciao Riccardo. I can't understand a diesel Giulia, but as you stated it is common in Italy. Good luck.

Reactions: rickrd

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome Riccardo! Thanks for joining. Let us know your experiences with the Diesel and there's few of us that will experience! :)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,384 Posts
Ciao Riccardo. I can't understand a diesel Giulia, but as you stated it is common in Italy. Good luck.
Actually it's a lot more understandable given the 2.0L turbo engine's characteristics.

And your English is fine, Riccardo.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep, Avis actually rents diesel Giulia sedans in much of Europe. I had requested one on a recent two week trip in Austria and Czech, but it didn't work out and I ended up in an Opel.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Ciao Riccardo! My Mom's family is from Emiglia Romagna and Veneto. Gasolio is common and effective in the mountains up there. I saw more Jeeps than Alfas there in 2000! ;) In fact, my wife an I got a free upgrade to a "Zweihundert Zwanzig Turbo Diesel" Mercedes Benz wagon. Jet black and stuck out like a sore thumb in the church yard up there past Parma. ;) My Giulia will be here soon!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot: it's a Manual Transmission 6 speed Q2 (torsen diff and electronic controlled suspensions).

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Riccardo benvenuto!
Mettici si qualche foto, va bene?
Ciao!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hi everybody, my name's Riccardo and I'm from a little town near Perugia, Umbria, Italy.
From July I own a Giulia Super 2.2 Diesel 150hp Montecarlo Blue Metallic. I know that for you in the US it could be an unusual, ridicoulous, engine for a Giulia but for a lot of good reasons here in Italy it is very common.
I'm here to share infos and exeperiences about this amazing car.
Ciao

PS. Sorry for my english...it's a little bit rusty!
I forgot: it's a Manual Transmission 6 speed Q2 (torsen diff and electronic controlled suspensions).

Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Sounds nice! We have a Giulia Ti Q2, the LSD, paddle shifters and active suspension are nice. Like the others, I'd like to know what you think of the manual transmission and the diesel as well. We don't get the manual transmission or the diesel engine here in the USA, that's a Euro only thing.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hello Riccardo and welcome!

I agree with BostonDMD. That would be great if you could post some photos.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's my Giulia:

I chose the manual transmission mainly for relaiability reasons. I use to drive my cars for not less than 10 years and 250.000 Km and, even if the ZF automatic transmission used on the Giulia is a great product, i'm not shure that it will be able to take all those Km without problems and problems on an automatic gearbox means lot of money blown away. Furthermore here in Italy manual transmissions are a tradition and, even if newest automatic transmission works great, tradition are hard to unseat!
Here in Italy gasoline Giulia is avaliable only whit A.T. and the "smaller" one is the 2.0l 200 hp. Fuel mileage of this version is not compatible with my needs, considering that here gas costs 1,5 € for liter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts