Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

We are excited to introduce our newest release for the Giulia.

Announcing the next generation of throttle pedal tuning/ managing, the new MADNESS GOPedal Plus!

Please check out the video below for more information about this revolutionary new product and as always please do not hesitate to call us or email us for more information!

You can now connect your smartphone or tablet and be able to fully control the throttle settings on your vehicle.

Eliminate throttle lag!
Increase the response of your vehicle!
Limit the response when someone else is driving!
Disable the pedal for security so the vehicle cannot be moved!
Provide a soft pedal response for a Valet!

There are numerous ways on how you can now tune your throttle pedal and they can all be done remotely by your smart phone or tablet.

'

CLICK HERE TO SHOP NOW!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting... This is the way the product should have been introduced. Of those if use who were early adopters of the first version of the gopedal is there an easy upgrade, or trade up?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,086 Posts
This does look much cooler. Yeah same question, this blankets all the modes when you hit performance? (I.e. You have per Performance every mode including A?)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback and questions.

Interesting... This is the way the product should have been introduced. Of those if use who were early adopters of the first version of the gopedal is there an easy upgrade, or trade up?
Ashner, drop me a line personally via phone or email - [email protected] - (512) 982-9393 - and I'll work out arrangements. Needless to say, there's always some way we can help you out as far as an upgrade goes.

I love the concept! Except for the special modes, how does it interact with the DNA selector?
This does look much cooler. Yeah same question, this blankets all the modes when you hit performance? (I.e. You have per Performance every mode including A?)
Great question, Chi/FNM. The GoPedal works hand in hand with DNA mode selection - the "Sport" setting will provide an increase in overall responsiveness, even in Normal and Active settings. And yes, it will most definitely make Dynamic feel more so.

Please feel free to ask away or drop me a line directly for any further questions or feedback. We're looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is there something that you offer that help with the transmission downshifting without putting so much throttle into it? Even in Dynamic I feel like it doesn't want to kick down a gear for a civilized surge of power in a pass on normal roads. Either that or is there something that will keep the car in the 2000-3000 rpm range? When I'm driving in traffic I don't want have to manually downshift, I just want to give it a little throttle and get the power I need.

There's been times where I've tried to jump out for a gap, get into the lane and the person behind me needs to hit the brakes because the car decided to stay at 1500 RPM while I've given it half throttle. All this fuel saving has ruined cars!

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there something that you offer that help with the transmission downshifting without putting so much throttle into it? Even in Dynamic I feel like it doesn't want to kick down a gear for a civilized surge of power in a pass on normal roads. Either that or is there something that will keep the car in the 2000-3000 rpm range? When I'm driving in traffic I don't want have to manually downshift, I just want to give it a little throttle and get the power I need.

There's been times where I've tried to jump out for a gap, get into the lane and the person behind me needs to hit the brakes because the car decided to stay at 1500 RPM while I've given it half throttle. All this fuel saving has ruined cars!
WheelHaus,

Nothing that we offer that will do exactly what you ask. Unfortunately, the command to downshift is directly tied to your relative throttle position and RPM. Without enough throttle position (depressing of the pedal) and subsequent RPM the car will not downshift giving you the giddy up that you need to get out of your own way.

As it sits you'll either have to rev the motor a little higher than you'd like (to get the car moving) and slowly ease off the throttle or use the paddle shifters in that scenario to try and control the throttle response so it is not so abrupt.

One other thought that you might want to try... The GoPedal+ does have a feature where you can create your own throttle ramp (response and delay) as one of the settings. You might try that to dial in your "sweet spot" to get the throttle to act how you would like? We have the 30-Day guarantee so if it doesn't work to your satisfaction you can send it back. Just a thought.

·
Registered
82 Posts
WheelHaus,

Nothing that we offer that will do exactly what you ask. Unfortunately, the command to downshift is directly tied to your relative throttle position and RPM. Without enough throttle position (depressing of the pedal) and subsequent RPM the car will not downshift giving you the giddy up that you need to get out of your own way.

As it sits you'll either have to rev the motor a little higher than you'd like (to get the car moving) and slowly ease off the throttle or use the paddle shifters in that scenario to try and control the throttle response so it is not so abrupt.

One other thought that you might want to try... The GoPedal+ does have a feature where you can create your own throttle ramp (response and delay) as one of the settings. You might try that to dial in your "sweet spot" to get the throttle to act how you would like? We have the 30-Day guarantee so if it doesn't work to your satisfaction you can send it back. Just a thought.
I PM'd you about this as I have purchased the GoPedal+ recently to try this very suggestion.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I PM'd you about this as I have purchased the GoPedal+ recently to try this very suggestion.
Hi there,

I don't seem to see a PM.

Please feel free to e-mail Eric at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you!

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very interested in this. Would it be possible to program the app to be compatible with CarPlay so that we can make change via the Giulia's infotainment system?

Maybe..

We have not done so thus far to deter users from trying to make changes while on the road. You do not want to do that for two reasons. Safety being first and foremost. Second, if you adjust the GOPedal while your vehicle is in any gear other than Park it will throw errors. Before you change anything you have to come to a complete stop, but it in park, and take your foot off the brake.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,306 Posts
Maybe..

We have not done so thus far to deter users from trying to make changes while on the road. You do not want to do that for two reasons. Safety being first and foremost. Second, if you adjust the GOPedal while your vehicle is in any gear other than Park it will throw errors. Before you change anything you have to come to a complete stop, but it in park, and take your foot off the brake.
Whoa! Now that's news to me! I've changed modes on the fly without errors, but guess I won't be doing that anymore!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Maybe..

Good to know, i'm glad I asked! haha

·
Registered
316 Posts
Maybe..

One question on the install. Why does the battery need to be disconnected?

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One question on the install. Why does the battery need to be disconnected?
That is not required but is recommended.

It is to ensure the CANBUS system is off prior to installation. You can do the same thing by waiting for all the dome lights to go out before you install the GOPedal.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
What are the actual HP and Torq gains which you are averaging with just the goPedal vs the ECM?
0 HP and Torque gains with the GoPedal and any other similar product. It just changes the pedal mapping so you can get a more responsive feel when you depress the accelerator. So for example, you can depress the accelerator 25%, and get the same response as if you had depressed it 50% in stock mode.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts