Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Curious if you might be able to clue us in as to how the front tweeter pods in the corners of the dash are removed ?

All of the work and quality of speakers must make that thing sound awesome!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Curious if you might be able to clue us in as to how the front tweeter pods in the corners of the dash are removed ?

All of the work and quality of speakers must make that thing sound awesome!
I did not do the work myself, but they had to build custom tweeter pods to accommodate the Focals. That is a picture the shop sent me, I have been in Florida for a few weeks and I have not seen it in person yet. I will send pictures of the interior in a few days

·
Registered
70 Posts
This setup looks amazing!

I have a powered subwoofer I'm thinking of having installed this weekend.

Any details on the removal of the 8inch screen? I am kind of nervous when it comes to prying trim pieces.

Any information would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Looks interesting. To bad we can't hear it. I've got admit, I'm somewhat disappointed with our HK in in our Ti. It's smooth, but I can't say much else good about it.

It's definitely better than what my 4C came with, but so is two Dixie cups and a string.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This setup looks amazing!

I have a powered subwoofer I'm thinking of having installed this weekend.

Any details on the removal of the 8inch screen? I am kind of nervous when it comes to prying trim pieces.

Any information would be awesome.
Not sure, I did none of the work, nor did I see them do any of it.

Here is a picture of the enclosure that houses the amps and the processor. the tray folds out if it needs to be serviced.
Also a picture of one of the tweeter enclosures they built in the coenrrs of the windshield

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
I'd love to do that but would probably suffer a double-whammy on a leased car.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
805 Posts
Possible words of caution

Pictures have been taken down. Anyone still have copies of the pictures? My 2018 is at port in Houston and expected to be here in a few days. Looking to dramatically upgrade the sound system. Thanks.
:surprise:

just a word to the wise. It would be best to have your audio shop do a design up from scratch - this OP had a catastrophic failure that led to him returning his car to FCA.

As an electrical engineer, I think there was a legit possibility that the power draw on the main bus by his upgraded audio system contributed to his event in the high-speed lane, where he lost all power (possibly due to the ECU LOS event and potentially related to power starvation, IMHO). there was much drama about this event - you can see the artifact posts in a variety of threads here.

Welcome to the family,

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Pictures have been taken down. Anyone still have copies of the pictures? My 2018 is at port in Houston and expected to be here in a few days. Looking to dramatically upgrade the sound system. Thanks.
I checked the links for those pictures... The links are still there. They point to Photo Bucket, who recently stopped allowing free links to personal pictures. The picture owner is expected to pay for that service now. I had a free account with PhotoBucket and they wanted to charge me something like $300 per year so my pics would work in the forums. I didn't like there website anyway, so I deleted my account with them.

I don't think the forums will ever fully recover from this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts