Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas,

Its only because I receive email updates from AlfaBB, that I learned this morning of the spare tire option --- for Stelvios, which can actually be ordered as a option on the Stelvio build site.....

I imagine it would most certainly be correct for use as a spare for our Giulias....this is about as big as having the stop/start system function they way you would want it to.

Anyway, JoeCab has offered to price one out for people, the Alfa site indicates its a 450 dollar option, no mention of tools, jack, etc.

Ciao,

Jay

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I think it is worthwhile even if you have runflats.
there's no point in destroying a good tire if you have the ability to change it.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
I suppose a spare could be secured in the trunk or back seat if the space wasn't needed for other uses.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a run flat tire for my BMW 135i repaired at a tire store. It was a simple plug repair in the tread area, the same as they would do for a conventional tire. I should add that was several years ago, and there have been no issues with it.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I have had a few done, plugs and patches, never an issue in normal use.

but that only applies if you don't actually run them when flat, the sidewalls will be damaged.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I’m rarely somewhere where I can’t have a friend or family member deliver a spare in an hour or so. I think I am going to just buy an OEM 18” wheel, and mount with cheap rubber, and the get rid of these dreadful all season run flats and mount a set of proper Summer tires.

With the availability of Lyft/Uber, the need for runflats now seems marginal. Worst case I pull over, call an Uber to get Home, get my spare and Uber back to my car.

For rural driving or long trips, I definitely understand, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.