Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took a 4.5 hour trip from NJ to lake placid NY this past weekend 85 degrees hot and humid and around the 2 hour mark the ac basically shutdown it was barley blowing air, so I shut it off for about an hour, and it started to work again but by that time it was 72 degrees so I just opened the windows. The trip home the ac worked perfectly 72 degrees all the way home has anyone else had this problem. Also just a question when the adaptive cruse control is active and the car slows down do the brake lights activate?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You might be missing a SW update or two, this issue was addressed by one of the updates, your AC was just freezing over and it shut down temporarily, I would check with your dealer to make sure you are up to date with all SW

Yes cruise does apply brakes and brake lights are on during application

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
You might be missing a SW update or two, this issue was addressed by one of the updates, your AC was just freezing over and it shut down temporarily, I would check with your dealer to make sure you are up to date with all SW
yep, see :
heating and aircon.pdf

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may notice the following issues with the HVAC/Comfort system performance:
• After one or two hours at sustained highway speeds with high humidity conditions, the HVAC
system stops blowing cold air.

·
Registered
497 Posts
This happened a couple months ago on my BMW, they told me a sensor gets frosted over and thinks the car interior is too cold, so it shuts down the compressor. A software flash re-calibrates the sensors and they don't do it anymore. I suspect it is the same issue with the Giulias if it is solved by a flash software update.

·
Registered
270 Posts
So I have had the same problem multiple times to include a trip to an from SC this last week. I had to cycle the A/C every hour or so to keep it cool. Weird thing is when I switched the AC off the system blew colder air for about 3 minutes then started to blow warm humid air. At that time I turned AC back on and all worked well for about another hour. I have had into dealer and was told the update did not apply. They checked Freon levels and noticed that the system was over charged so they reclaimed and refilled. Still have same issue going on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This happened a couple months ago on my BMW, they told me a sensor gets frosted over and thinks the car interior is too cold, so it shuts down the compressor. A software flash re-calibrates the sensors and they don't do it anymore. I suspect it is the same issue with the Giulias if it is solved by a flash software update.

My Merc Van (Vito) does the same - I can tell when its frozen as I get dry ice vapour coming out of the air vents, mentioned it the Mercedes, they said just switch it off let it thaw out, then switch it back on again hmmmmmmm typical Mercedes answer especially here in the UK.

Paul.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
What is the TSB # linked above? The link to PDF is dead. Thanks
look here under Heating and AC for full TSB

Reactions: Connedale

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think Malfunctions in the air conditioning system, weak airflow, smell, and dust from the air ducts in most cases are indicative of a clogged cabin filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts