Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI: DON JACKSON ALFA ROMEO of Atlanta has various cars with big discounts. A month or so ago, the discounts were in the range of $5000. Now, the same cars are discounted to $8000/9000.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is the discount for a lease only or is it for a buy as well? I suspect the former.
I contacted them earlier and these are the purchase prices.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,476 Posts
Wow that is insane... Meanwhile I am in the market for a Stelvio and can't even get 4k off with Employee pricing haha.
Apparently employee pricing isn't all that good. Friends who work at FCA have expressed surprise at how few Giulias and Stelvios they've seen in employee parking lots and structures.

Reactions: kanundrum

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was a new car manager back in the '80's. Virtually all dealers, accept the one I finally landed managed, sold a lot of "blue sky". Paint protector:$500 (read:wax job), fabric protector, yes even with leather $300 (scotch guard), undercoat $500, or just plain dealer mark up. The dealer marks up prices from MSRP, which is the only true indicator of the cars value, so that the customer can get what he imagines his trade is worth. If these are true discounts, then that comes off MSRP not the dealers asking price. A dealer's Moto is "If you don't ask, you don't get". Don't calculate any advertised discount until you get the out-the-door figure. Buyer beware!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Apparently employee pricing isn't all that good. Friends who work at FCA have expressed surprise at how few Giulias and Stelvios they've seen in employee parking lots and structures.
Depends on what kind of certificate you have. My neighbor was able to secure me a (CDI) number and that got me about $8,000 off MSRP including incentives though on my AR Giulia TI AWD.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have spoken to them this morning. I am currently trying to resist the urge to pull the trigger on the giulia qf...they are offering the car for $65k. seems like they are legit and aggressive.
Pete - I'd go for it! I mean you're talking about $20k more than for a loaded Ti Sport.. Based on scarcity the QF should hold value better over your life of ownership.. Put it this way - you can have my Rosso Tri Color that has been lovingly broken in and I'll go for the QF. Best of luck to you,,

·
Registered
617 Posts
Pete - I'd go for it! I mean you're talking about $20k more than for a loaded Ti Sport.. Based on scarcity the QF should hold value better over your life of ownership.. Put it this way - you can have my Rosso Tri Color that has been lovingly broken in and I'll go for the QF. Best of luck to you,,
i am seriously torn. i feel like i need to buy this car for the reasons you cite. i have been looking for a ti q2 sport w/ staggered wheels for my fiancé and have a nearly impossible time finding one or the dealers that i have encountered have been less than professional or respectful of my time.

this thread came up and i immediately went to the web site to see the cars all discounted over $9k!! this discount was also applied to the last qf they had in stock. i thought i should pull the trigger and my fiancé agreed ! she then went on to say how excited she would be to use it on trips and this and that and....

as neurotic as i am with these cars, i am having second thoughts about getting this car. i am also having second thoughts about getting a ti as for a relatively small increment, i could get the qf. i just need to convince her that the car is not a grocery getter and i don't want her friends riding in it and dragging their butts lazily across the seat bolsters and dragging their feet across the door thresholds.

i have the night to think about it.

i will say that this dealer has been the most attentive and they are NOT misrepresenting the discounts they are showing. this is a first for me in the alfa hunt. i almost hope someone else will sweep in and buy the car so i don't have to. i really want it but don't need it. i don't love the color for fear of the work to keep it showroom new. but i love the price and the color i can probably overlook.

ugh...i need to go outside and smoke a cigar to clear my head:(

·
Registered
226 Posts
i am seriously torn. i feel like i need to buy this car for the reasons you cite. i have been looking for a ti q2 sport w/ staggered wheels for my fiancé and have a nearly impossible time finding one or the dealers that i have encountered have been less than professional or respectful of my time.

this thread came up and i immediately went to the web site to see the cars all discounted over $9k!! this discount was also applied to the last qf they had in stock. i thought i should pull the trigger and my fiancé agreed ! she then went on to say how excited she would be to use it on trips and this and that and....

as neurotic as i am with these cars, i am having second thoughts about getting this car. i am also having second thoughts about getting a ti as for a relatively small increment, i could get the qf. i just need to convince her that the car is not a grocery getter and i don't want her friends riding in it and dragging their butts lazily across the seat bolsters and dragging their feet across the door thresholds.

i have the night to think about it.

i will say that this dealer has been the most attentive and they are NOT misrepresenting the discounts they are showing. this is a first for me in the alfa hunt. i almost hope someone else will sweep in and buy the car so i don't have to. i really want it but don't need it. i don't love the color for fear of the work to keep it showroom new. but i love the price and the color i can probably overlook.

ugh...i need to go outside and smoke a cigar to clear my head:(

Dude, the answer is so clear that you probably can't see it: The QF for you and a Ti for your fiancee! Seriously, in 12 months time sounds like you'll regret it if you pass up a QF in the low-to-mid 60s...

·
Registered
617 Posts
i think you are right...and you have pushed me into this:)

i will not haggle on the price any further. these guys seem awfully nice and a new volcano black with silver wheels will look great next to my berlinetta boxer:)))

Cherie will get a ti soon enough...but my deal first as i really do think it a more than fair price!!! i'm nervous and excited!! i have been tracking this car's arrival to the states for so long it is ridiculous. i have owned 6 alfas in my day and i have been so excited to see an alfa again in my garage. fuggg...i'm going for it!!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
i think you are right...and you have pushed me into this:)

i will not haggle on the price any further. these guys seem awfully nice and a new volcano black with silver wheels will look great next to my berlinetta boxer:)))
That is a good deal! Congrats on your decision.
Cool that you have a BB. Is it a 512? My dad had a 1980 BB512, metallic grey. He bought it from the factory and owned it for many years. Very fun car to drive. I'm not sure if they're all like that but his had a sound from the engine that sounded like a turbine as you wound it up. Intoxicating.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What I did was to go to my local dealer and asked them to price match. At first my local dealer said, go to Atlanta, and later that afternoon they said they would match the price. The rest is history.

·
Registered
84 Posts
$65k for a qv? **** I wish they had em around here that cheap.
They can't move em for the price they're asking and they don't budge from pricing.
I rather not pay $100k if I can buy it for $65k. I can buy a stelvio AND a Ti for that.
Or 2 Ti.

·
Registered
576 Posts
FYI: DON JACKSON ALFA ROMEO of Atlanta has various cars with big discounts. A month or so ago, the discounts were in the range of $5000. Now, the same cars are discounted to $8000/9000.
Some of these advertised deals a very misleading. You’d have to be a disabled active military recent college grad AAA and USAA member, first time car buyer coming out of a Lexus, born on February 29th of leap year and living in North Dakota during a full solar eclipse to actually qualify.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts