Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an avid car guy/racer, some thoughts on the QV. I am thrilled with how this car goes about making me feel. From the sound to the gearbox to the steering it amazes me how Alfa accomplished this. I just had the opportunity to drive a friend's 2017 M3 with the comp package and a manual gearbox. I was really looking forward to this having owned a 16 M4 approximately 18 months ago. What struct me funny was the gearbox and how for the first time, I truly didn't miss the process of changing gear manually. Thats not to say I don't appreciate a great shifter as my Cayman GT4 has one of the best shifters/clutch feel on the planet. I can only imagine how good the next GT3 will be with a manual. The sound of the M3 again with using the QV as a reference was somewhat subdued in comparison. The M also had the upgraded exhaust system but paled in comparison.Thats not to say the M3 doesn't sound bad, it just doesn't sound like the Alfa. The biggest difference to me was the steering. I played with all the setting on the M but couldn't come close to how the Alfa felt on the road. The engagement that this car displays is nothing short of remarkable. From a drivers perspective I have to admit a certain surprise with all of this. From a looks point of view, its all subjective, but she's a looker. No issues whatsoever. Lets hope it stays that way. I will be picking up a new TTRS in September. I can't imagine having both of these weapons in the garage at the same time. Happy motoring......Sparcodog

·
Registered
646 Posts
I test drove a TTRS. The transimission is really good, superfast shifts. I wasn't a fan of the visibility though. Car also felt really small inside. On twisty roads it'd be a fun car, but I'd take a Cayman GT4 over it even though the Cayman rides more harshly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts