Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my winter wheels and tires yesterday. They take a 70mm center cap as opposed to the 60mm(?) stock Alfa cap. Does anyone know where I can find a set of 70mm Alfa caps?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Got my winter wheels and tires yesterday. They take a 70mm center cap as opposed to the 60mm(?) stock Alfa cap. Does anyone know where I can find a set of 70mm Alfa caps?
What size wheels did you get?
What is the backset - offset?
Where did you get them.
Tires?
Have you tried contacting the wheel manufacturer to see if they can supply Alfa logo center caps?
I was able to do this for a BMW years ago.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you get them.
Tires?
Have you tried contacting the wheel manufacturer to see if they can supply Alfa logo center caps?
I went with the Sport Edition P3 with Pirelli Sottozero 3 run-flats. The wheel is an 18x8 with a 35mm offset. Not sure about the backset. This is Tire Rack's house brand and the only center caps they offer are the Sport Edition ones.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I went with the Sport Edition P3 with Pirelli Sottozero 3 run-flats. The wheel is an 18x8 with a 35mm offset. Not sure about the backset. This is Tire Rack's house brand and the only center caps they offer are the Sport Edition ones.
They sure do look nice!
I have a set of TR SE wheels on a 330xi, for about 10 years. No problems!
Maybe a rattle can, and an artist brush?
3D printer?

·
Registered
231 Posts
On past cars that I've changed the wheels on I would go to a sign company and have custom vinyl stickers made for the center caps. They use the same material that car wraps are made out of. You can have any design you come up with made, or copied.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
These ^ good find. Would they work on a quad with spacers? Not sure about the brakes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would you post a pic with them fitted when you get a moment? Thx!
Here you go. Brake clearance is nearly identical to the 19" dark 5-hole wheels, I did have to remove the locator pin though because it was too long.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Where did you get them.
Tires?
Matt, that looks good. Anthracite or silver?
You got the Jeep TPMS from tire rack, right? Do they work?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
Here you go. Brake clearance is nearly identical to the 19" dark 5-hole wheels, I did have to remove the locator pin though because it was too long.
Thumbs up for the torque wrench.

Reactions: MattP

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Matt, that looks good. Anthracite or silver?
You got the Jeep TPMS from tire rack, right? Do they work?
Thanks. I went with anthracite since they looked closer in color to the dark 19" sport wheels. I haven't tried the TPMS yet, but it is the Jeep one. I just mounted a wheel quickly to check brake clearance. I'll probably put them on this weekend and will check the TPMS then. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
I have a post-it note in my car to remind me to check the tire pressure display after the snows are put on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts