Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be the first to say I didn't like the movie

The qv scene (singular) was great, and I cringed every time they damaged it, but was very disappointed that it only lasted about 10 minutes and that was it.

The rest of the movie was very mediocre

·
Registered
547 Posts
I didn't mind it, made for a good Saturday night in (4K + HDR made it look the goods). Far from perfect, maybe 6.5/10 from me.
Now about the Giulia that went from scratched to brand new between scenes (and a destroyed side mirror that gets reinstated, and interior shots that show a sunroof, and and and....) but hey, it's movie with a Giulia QV, that's a bonus right?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was curious about how long the Giulia chase lasted. I measured it. Close to 20 minutes! As posted in other sections, glad the Giulia beat Audis, Mercs, SUVs and what have you. Great AR car placement.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah, the technical directing was a bit off... In early scenes you could see a sunroof from the inside (probably for lighting in the car) but from the outside it was QV with a solid roof... and it showed a couple paddle shifts, then looked like he was grabbing an extended stick shifter - cool to see the QV in a chase scene though -

What do they say.... "suspend your dis-belief" -

·
Registered
231 Posts
I loved the Giulia portion at the beginning.. pretty impressive stunt drivers. Movie was ridiculously stupid. Stopped watching after it was apparent that the Giulia was no longer the "star".

Reactions: zvezdah1

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah, the technical directing was a bit off... In early scenes you could see a sunroof from the inside (probably for lighting in the car) but from the outside it was QV with a solid roof... and it showed a couple paddle shifts, then looked like he was grabbing an extended stick shifter - cool to see the QV in a chase scene though -

What do they say.... "suspend your dis-belief" -
I think that was for drifting

·
Registered
523 Posts
Also stopped watching after ten minutes. Interesting about the sunroof / no sunroof shots, and also watching the side mirror ripped off only to be replaced when the camera changed. Kind of amazing people still give Michael Bay money for anything. I also wonder if the Giulia was used as the hero car because of their desire to shoot an obnoxious, non-CGI car chase in Florence. No doubt the advertising will help Alfa.

·
Registered
251 Posts
How did an old Merc C class, an Audi TT, and an old Quatrroporte keep up with a QV?

I usually love that type of movie, but it was unnecessarily graphic and profane. I thought it was awful at first (QV notwithstanding). The plot and timeline was all over the place. I got into a it a little more later, but it was really pretty bad.

I think they put it on Netflix because it would have bombed in theaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'll be the first to say I didn't like the movie

The qv scene (singular) was great, and I cringed every time they damaged it, but was very disappointed that it only lasted about 10 minutes and that was it.

The rest of the movie was very mediocre
SO wanted this to be another Ronin movie, but aside from the first ten minutes which was all lime green quad in a chase scene, the movie was pretty blah, kind of goofy.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
All I want to know, is how to get the upright hand brake installed in my QV like they had! That is what made most of the drifting possible......

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
876 Posts
I wonder how many front bumpers they had to replace, due to clips braking from hitting anything i counted like 6 times in first 8 minutes of clips braking, then next sequence they are good again

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
After the Giulia scene, I wish that I had changed the channel. As stated in post #6, ridiculously stupid.

Reactions: DEEZZ

·
Registered
107 Posts
The movie was horrible. Had so much potential, but it's like the writers walked off halfway through the movie. Then the lime green QV....SMH. Why would they pick that color?!!!!!!!! It was so distracting.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I guess I'll be the guy that says I liked it. A little over the top but it's a Bay movie that what he is known for. I did find the sunroof a bit annoying in the inside car scenes but I doubt anyone who doesnt know the QV, wouldnt have noticed.. I actually liked the color... I.can say the end of the chase scene with the driver had me ???

Reactions: TGPhilly

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just watched it. Loved the QV scene but was distracted by some of the continuity issues. That big handle-thing in the car was like a hand brake, I think.

The rest of the movie is about what I was expecting from a Michael Bay movie. Not a whole lot of plot, but a lot of action and violence.

I’ll also give it a 6.5/10. Like it or hate it, it’s great marketing for the Giulia.

Reactions: Vesparider

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Anyone watching a Michael Bay film and expecting quality has made a grave mistake. His films are not about things like continuity, intelligence, art. They are about stunts, explosions, good looking people, and action. If you plan to sit down and watch this film, set the bar very low.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.