Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reached the 6 month mark with my Giulia and I'm still thrilled she greets me everyday looking all hot and ready to hit the road. I love the attention and questions, which also means my OCD gets her a wash about twice a week. But, hitting the self serve bays late at night is a therapy of sorts. And I've still only seen ONE in the wild.

Obviously it's a blast to drive and I haven't had it out of 'D' for more than 10 minutes in the 6 months. It's been 99% reliable, with the only issues being front seat comfort at first (fine now), the radio rebooted once while driving, and the only continuous annoyance are speakers that can't handle above avg. bass from my EDM tunes (why do manufacturers (many!) offer upgraded systems that cant't handle bass?!), so the vibrations and rattles do annoy me.

I've been fortunate to never need a tow, repair, or diagnosis and I've only been back to the dealer once, and that was to pick up some free PGA tix Alfa provided to owners for a local tournament. (*Side note: the dealer was having a reception for Bentley owners that night and I got to sit in on the new Continental reveal before it went public- random but cool experience). That also means I haven't had any updates, TSB's, etc. applied to the car. Kind of a 'if it's not broke, don't fix it/ don't press your luck with an Alfa' kind of thing at this point.

I've always been a car guy, but I was never an AR fanboy. They were gone for over 20 years after all. But with the new Giulia's look and feel, and the opportunity to spend a day at the Alfa Romeo Museum outside Milan in June, I may be hooked for life. It was a tremendous museum experience and surely worth a travel detour if in Italy.

So yeah, I love the car and feel comfortable, from my excellent experience so far, recommending to whomever asks. Here's to the next 6 months of road trips, pot holes, massholes, and snow!

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just reached the 6 month mark with my Giulia and I'm still thrilled she greets me everyday looking all hot and ready to hit the road. I love the attention and questions, which also means my OCD gets her a wash about twice a week. But, hitting the self serve bays late at night is a therapy of sorts. And I've still only seen ONE in the wild.

Obviously it's a blast to drive and I haven't had it out of 'D' for more than 10 minutes in the 6 months. It's been 99% reliable, with the only issues being front seat comfort at first (fine now), the radio rebooted once while driving, and the only continuous annoyance are speakers that can't handle above avg. bass from my EDM tunes (why do manufacturers (many!) offer upgraded systems that cant't handle bass?!), so the vibrations and rattles do annoy me.

I've been fortunate to never need a tow, repair, or diagnosis and I've only been back to the dealer once, and that was to pick up some free PGA tix Alfa provided to owners for a local tournament. (*Side note: the dealer was having a reception for Bentley owners that night and I got to sit in on the new Continental reveal before it went public- random but cool experience). That also means I haven't had any updates, TSB's, etc. applied to the car. Kind of a 'if it's not broke, don't fix it/ don't press your luck with an Alfa' kind of thing at this point.

I've always been a car guy, but I was never an AR fanboy. They were gone for over 20 years after all. But with the new Giulia's look and feel, and the opportunity to spend a day at the Alfa Romeo Museum outside Milan in June, I may be hooked for life. It was a tremendous museum experience and surely worth a travel detour if in Italy.

So yeah, I love the car and feel comfortable, from my excellent experience so far, recommending to whomever asks. Here's to the next 6 months of road trips, pot holes, massholes, and snow!
Hey BosRide, nice thread and pictures. Very happy to hear a positive reliability story and that you're still in love and looking forward to more road trips in your Giulia.

My Giulia story is similar and I'd like to add another positive story: 3 months, 7200Km (4500 miles), and still very much smitten. She's been 100% reliable, and like you, I love using Dynamic. For me Giulia is not a daily, but when I take her out I just want to keep driving. We're doing mostly 400 plus Km drives on predominantly twisty, back roads. She's so agile, stable, and powerful: passes slow moving traffic in the blink of an eye. I always look forward to driving her; she's enchanting.

:)

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
815 Posts
Infotainment upgrade did wonders for my HK with EDM. That and dipstick/iPhone voice dialing were worth the trips to dealer. Recommended TSBs through 8/15 to date.

Loving her too! 5.5K mi, 5 months and still lookin' back every time I park.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Great update and some really nice pictures. As mtb.ck points out some of the TSB's are more than bug fixes there are some nice enhancements too, so worth considering even with no issues. At least that was my calculation and I'm glad I got them.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
the AR museum is great for so many reasons - it is one of a very few marques that can give you the entire history of the automobile through one brand - and see what inspired pretty much every other car you ever admired.

they didn't have the movie section when i went (a long time ago), did you take that in?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
thanks for sharing, glad you're having such a great experience! You know what's better than one Giulia? A whole heap of them! Hope to see you at some future meetups :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
OP: great photos and review. I'm at 1600 miles after one month, loving every minute of the experience. I was in Italy 3 years ago for 10 days, and of course the Giulia didn't exist, or I would've made a stop in Milan.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I love mine also. Just gets me smiling every time I'm behind the wheel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
good to hear your still loving the car one concern i have is the long term enjoyment its not a big oen for me more for my wife

1 - 14 of 14 Posts