Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the understanding the car is 505 horse but the sheet came with my car 2021 saying 510

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could be 505 brake horse power vs 510 horsepower or maybe it’s a firmware update Alfa did? 🤷🤷🤷

anyways, be careful with the active front carbon fiber splitter, I just slightly damaged mine going over a pothole or object at night going very slow...

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,423 Posts
Different countries report the hp differently based on how it's calculated. US is 505 but I think some European countries report 510 so you may have gotten that

·
Registered
429 Posts
Perhaps since countries have different emissions restrictions, some bump it up to 510HP. I know the North American ones are 505HP, and most European ones are 510HP. Could also be different types of gas/petrol used as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What is HP compared to BHP and PS?
The metric equivalent of a single horsepower, referred to as 1 PS, equals 4,500 kilogram-metres per minute, which rounds to 32,550 foot-pounds per minute, or 0.9863 of a horsepower.

The above explains the difference between the euro rated 510ps vs the 505hp NAFTA rating.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The metric equivalent of a single horsepower, referred to as 1 PS, equals 4,500 kilogram-metres per minute, which rounds to 32,550 foot-pounds per minute, or 0.9863 of a horsepower.

The above explains the difference between the euro rated 510ps vs the 505hp NAFTA rating.
what you mean that our Alfa's did not come "underrated" for Insurance purposes ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts

This one!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,083 Posts
They have metric horses in Italy?

WTF don't they use KW, a proper metric unit?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm going back to 505
If it's a seven hour flight or a forty-five minute drive
In my imagination, you're waitin' lyin' on your side
With your hands between your thighs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts