Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into an accident less than 4hrs after I drove my brand new Giulia off the lot. After a fair amount of time dicking around with the fools at my dealership over where I could get the repair work done, driving here and there, they finally realized they could actually do it themselves right there, and they ordered the necessary parts. I believe it was the bumper fascia, but in any case, some part or parts were backordered for an indeterminate amount of time. It turned out to be 5 weeks, and I just today got the car into the body shop. I'm bracing for another 3 weeks for the repair to complete.

My buddy was involved in the same accident, and his Honda SUV got banged up 10x worse when a third car careened and glanced off my rear quarter into his front quarter, firing airbags, destroying the driver side front, breaking the wheel off the suspension and of course disabling his car. He had is repaired and back inside 3 weeks, I think.

Anyway, just sharing a little data point and a cautionary tale not to wreck your ride, because it could be out of action for a very long time.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ol' Bad Luck José!

No, the accident was totally my fault; I absentmindedly made a left turn across oncoming traffic on a flashing yellow without checking if it was clear. Fortunately, I happened to see the car in time enough to mash the pedal and get mostly out of the way. The metal quarter panel took some damage, as did the bumper fascia, but it seems really light to me, and compared to a T-bone, it's nothing (other than the $5.3k repair estimate).

·
Registered
646 Posts
I had identical damage on my quarter panel but no real bumper damage other than paint. (Some idiot hit me on Valentines Day).

My normal paint body guy quoted me 2 weeks. Not wanting to wait I just gave it to Progressive and they had it fixed in 3 days, like new with tri coat paint perfect. I was honestly surprised it looks like new.

Having had multiple Italian cars over the years, I know that repairs are always a roll of the dice.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
It took my dealer 12 days to replace a battery. They finally got one from another car on the lot.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
No, the accident was totally my fault; I absentmindedly made a left turn across oncoming traffic on a flashing yellow without checking if it was clear. Fortunately, I happened to see the car in time enough to mash the pedal and get mostly out of the way. The metal quarter panel took some damage, as did the bumper fascia, but it seems really light to me, and compared to a T-bone, it's nothing (other than the $5.3k repair estimate).
Sorry it happened but admire your taking responsibility. Did it happen at one of AA's confusing interactions? There seem to be plenty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts