Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
IMO, appearance wise the 5 holes are elegant, the Tecnicos are aggressive. Both look good.

Not mentioned so far #1: the Tecnico's simpler shape is easier and faster to clean.

Not mentioned so far #2: according to forum member posts, the 5 holes break when abused, the Tecnicos bend.

Isn't massively light weight an oxymoron?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Looks wise nothing beats the "5 hole".
I find them to be quite ugly, so much that it was difficult to find the color combo I wanted with the dark technicos. The 5 holes were a dealbreaker for me. It's definitely a "to each their own" thing.

Edit: I even dislike the 5 holes so much I got a second set of technicos for my winter tires.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
What is the love affair with the Technicos? I don't dislike them but people are making them out to be the greatest wheel ever. Alfas Five Holes have been around for decades. Minime I couldn't care less on what you or anyone else puts on their car. To say the Five Hole is "quite ugly" is inane. So Mini when are you going to comment on Beaups statement?

·
Registered
409 Posts
My Quad had the dark Five Holes with yellow calipers. Look good, happy with them.

My favorite wheels of all time are the Mini Lights, seen on Vintage British cars, such a simple "classic" design There are times in the past when I thought about buying an MG or Elan or something similar (My first two cars were a TR4 and an MGB) just to put those wheels on it.

The other favorite wheel for me is the classic BBS wheel, copied by just about every other wheel maker. Liked them so much put then on a 997S Porsche, and had the forged version on my late GT3. On the right car, they just look iconic.

On my Superformance 427 Replica I had three sets of true knock-offs, used a lead hammer to take them on and off, and then safety wired the spinners. Quicker and easier than messing with studs and bolts.

Personally, I really like the Technico's too.

A dark wheel really accentuates the Yellow Calipers.

NAM VET

·
Vendor
174 Posts
Check out what Alfa just did with the 5-hole for the Tonale Geneva show release......

They keep the character of the 5-hole and added some detailing and aggression with the star shape in the center lug area. Also notice the radial bridges on the outer rim that echo the center.

I expect to see that as a future offering for Giulia/Stelvio.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Check out what Alfa just did with the 5-hole for the Tonale Geneva show release......

They keep the character of the 5-hole and added some detailing and aggression with the star shape in the center lug area. Also notice the radial bridges on the outer rim that echo the center.

I expect to see that as a future offering for Giulia/Stelvio.
Now those 5 holes ARE ugly. However, in a smaller size they’d make a nice Christmas tree ornament.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Now those 5 holes ARE ugly. However, in a smaller size they’d make a nice Christmas tree ornament.
No need to bash women you don't find attractive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think Alfa Romeo got it right with the launch poster configuration, dark 5 holes, and rosso calipers on rosso competizione, to me it just fits.

My Alfa...

looking at my pic I'm thinking I need to drop her down an inch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
It doesn't really matter and it is personal preference. It is a humorous topic for folks that like to have something different in a car and all want the same wheels. Let us not forget that the Tecnicos are forged and 5 holes are not. Sort of puts you into the wheels you would come to expect on a performance car, Personally I like them both. I really wanted the five holes when I first got the car. Now having been driving the car and owning for over a year, I really like the tecnico because I have CCMs and the Tecnico really lets those BIG CCM calipers and rotor shine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Swapped to technico and have CCB, no issues whatsoever. Someone mentioned that it may be due to chances of catching rocks between it increases.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts