Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the 5 hole where’s on the Quadrifoglio, but also like the like weight of the Tecnicos. Getting the CCB, should I bother asking the dealer whether they might want to swap the 5 hole wheels that come with the CCB for a set of Tecnicos? Which are less expensive to buy outright (new or used)?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I have both, 5 hole for winter shoes, Tecnicos for summer ones.......
I ordered mine with Tecnicos since they are more expensive and bought a set of OEM 5 hole......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered mine with Tecnicos since they are more expensive and bought a set of OEM 5 hole......
Thanks for the reply. How much were the 5-holes, if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That’s my exact plan. I like both sets of wheels for different reasons but figured I’d use the tecnicos for summer tires being they are probably a little rarer and more expensive. They are also lighter as well as forged and made by Fuchs as far as I know. The five holes will be easier to come by as a spare set for winter tires and cheaper as a result. This way I can get the best of both worlds...

I really love the open look of the tecnicos on my comp red QV with yellow calipers too

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My Quad came with the dark 5 hole and I acquired another dark 5 hole set as a spare in case a wheel is damaged....

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
My Quad came with the dark 5 hole and I acquired another dark 5 hole set as a spare in case a wheel is damaged....
Please D, don't remind me of damaged wheels.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think the Dark 5 holes are the best looking wheels for the Giulia. If a better looking wheel is out there I've yet to see it. I'm talking looks and not weight or all the techno stuff.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
So far my wheel search has turned up the following possibilities for a high performance Ti Q4 square setup for summer. I think the ideal size for Ti Q4 is 18x9.5 paired with 255 40R18 tires, but this is a relatively rare size wheel and I am assuming there is sufficient space for this wide barrel. Anyway, my research says the Tecnicos are a bargain relative to what you get so if you can order them on the car, get them.

Use Tecnico front wheels, front and rear. Use OEM size 225 40R19 tires (235 width should be a little better, but is a rare size). The set should be about $4500 for the wheels only; the best "bang for the buck" on the list. 19.25 pounds/wheel. Compare with the 5 holes in 19x9 at about 25.5 pounds/wheel.

All others are heavier OR require a custom $$$ order. Front runners are

BBS FI-R in 19x9.5 forged and drilled aluminum. About 17.5 pounds/wheel, $2200/wheel in stock sizes. No indication that they will make a custom size (stock bolt patterns and offsets do not match up with Giulia).

Carbon Revolution 19x9.5 carbon fiber + aluminum hub. About 16.5 pounds/wheel in 19x9.5, $3000/wheel in stock sizes. They accept requests for custom builds, but do not promise to accept an order.

Other companies such as Forgeline and HRE can make pretty much any size desired in the $1500-2000/wheel range, but their multi-piece wheels will be heavier than the Tecnicos. The only companies with claims of lighter products are ESE which seems to not have a salable product (they have not succeeded in getting their wheels certified for road use) and Emergent Carbon/Forgeline which only makes 20 and 21 inch barrels.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Same for me, but I ordered the car with 5-hole not thinking far enough ahead like @BostonDMD. But it worked out fine since I was able to find a set of tecnicos, slightly used for 1150 euros delivered from Italy. Included center caps and TPMS. I had to spend $200 locally to make them perfect, correcting a couple nicks, but still a good deal.

I prefer the classic silver colored wheel, so I got both bright.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm thinking Technico wheels for summer tire set, 5 Hole for winter tire set... at least until more aftermarket options become available. QV's atypical bolt pattern limits this of course...

Hoping Advan & Volk get on board eventually...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Please D, don't remind me of damaged wheels.
Sorry D....didn't mean to salt the wound....this to shall pass....:crying:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I preferred the dark 5 hole with the white exterior but think the Technicos look great too or even better depending on the exterior color. I think certain combos (i.e. dark vs. light silver/Technico vs. 5-hole) look better depending on the exterior color.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I love the look of the 5 hole where’s on the Quadrifoglio, but also like the like weight of the Tecnicos. Getting the CCB, should I bother asking the dealer whether they might want to swap the 5 hole wheels that come with the CCB for a set of Tecnicos? Which are less expensive to buy outright (new or used)?
If you plan to have a spare set have them swap out the Tecnico on your QV at the dealership (should be easy because everyone wants 5 hole) the 5 hole aftermarket are cheaper. The Tecnicos I was quoted $3800 and 5 hole $1999. I think another poster saw the 5 holes for the $1899 delivered. I have ccm's with dark tecnico because the dealer switched out our 5 holes. (before we looked at it) Okay I am female. Once I saw the price difference and the way they were made the Tecnico's looked a lot better:laugh:

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I think the Dark 5 holes are the best looking wheels for the Giulia. If a better looking wheel is out there I've yet to see it. I'm talking looks and not weight or all the techno stuff.
IDK. One thing is for sure. When and if the AR's get as popular as a MINI the cars with 5 hole wheels will look just like everyone else's. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and that is what I wanted. Now I can get the extra set in 5 hole because the price point is right but the Tecnico's have grown on me. Keep in mind, I have CCMs and there is a lot more Rotor showing through using Tecnico with the CCM and the calipers with never get dirty so it lets your CCM brakes stand out. Hey, they cost enough why hide them:smile2:

The MINI had so many different combinations no two cars would ever look alike. Not so with AR at least for now.

5 holes look cool but my husband didn't want brights but he saw the Dark Tecnico and his tastes prefer them. He does not like the 5 hole and honestly I think it is because every car in the lot that was not a Lusso had them. I will say that the 5 holes do draw your attention to the Wheels for some reason and standout.

In any case now I want both. But I won't be giving up the Tecnico but because of the price I won't be replacing them either.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I preferred the dark 5 hole with the white exterior but think the Technicos look great too or even better depending on the exterior color. I think certain combos (i.e. dark vs. light silver/Technico vs. 5-hole) look better depending on the exterior color.
I am trying to find the photo that one of our Forum members from Eurocompulsion posted a picture of the QV Trofeo White or White with Bright Tecnico. It really looked sharp. I will try to find it. It was on the lowering thread. It was hot and if I could do it over again I would honestly go for that combo. I have Rosso Comp with Dark Tecnico and CCM Brakes. She is very sharp but I sort of like the Bright Tecnico. You do realize that AR is making them standard on the QV so that everyone will pay an upcharge for less expensive dark or light 5 holes:laugh:

1 - 20 of 134 Posts