Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to look more seriously for a 4c for my fiancé today. We have found a 2017 yellow coupe that will be seriously discounted...$11k. My question to those that might know is, is there a way to create more leg room or head room for the passenger seat? I am 6-4 and am able to fit in the driver's seat but riding as a passenger is not going to work as it is.

is there a way to directly mount or mount the seat differently thus freeing up some much needed room? Cherie says that we should not worry because if we are riding together I will be driving and that should be fine. I however would like to think we could find a way to make the car a bit more accommodating.

please provide your thoughts as the 4c is her dream car and I must admit...I like the idea of using it a bit too:)).

thanks all!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I stand corrected. the car is a new 2016. I don't know if there has been much change between model years?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm 5'6" and can hardly get out of one. How do you manage?

·
Registered
537 Posts
There was a new exhaust option for 2017 I believe, it was a Center exit system, made by a motorcycle exhaust company I believe, a $5k option.
As for the seats, they need to be unbolted and moved to the desired position, dealer should do it under warranty for you I would think. I have been in a few and at 6’ I have been very comfortable.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,727 Posts
Don't forget the limitations of a 4C. Beyond the obvious practical issues:

TCT: not the nicest way to drive in slow traffic.

Doubtful that chains can be fitted, see next.

Road grit or gravel on the road can destroy part of the structure of the car in the rear wheel wells. There is a CF ledge that sticks out from under the floors into the front of the rear wheel wells that the tire will throw road debris at, shredding it. There are fixes (do an online search) essentially involving putting a resilient cover over the ledge. The seller should fix this before the vehicle is driven. You should inspect the vehicle for such damage before you commit to buy. The damage can happen very rapidly and is expensive to repair.

Surgical correction of silly grins can be expensive.

FWIW: I am 5' 10.5" and have no trouble getting in or out, but I can see how arthritis or weight (or both) could make it really difficult.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
you might have more responses on a 4C forum i think.

·
Registered
537 Posts
optional Akropovic exhausts, center tips instead of side.
I recollect the unbolting of the seat from my reading/youtubing.

I do wish the 4c was my wife's dream car.
That’s it, someone told me they do sport bike exhausts as well, it’s an expensive option that looks siiiick, but doesn’t sound much different.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
is there a way to directly mount or mount the seat differently thus freeing up some much needed room?
The seats are on manual sliders, and there are 3 height settings. To change settings, you remove the seats from the car and select a different set of holes on the bracket. If the seat was on the highest setting, putting it on the lowest setting might give you some more room, but it's really a pretty minor adjustment.

Regarding the fore and aft adjustment - I don't think there is much you can do. When the seat is all the way back the seatback touches the carbon fiber tub.

IMHO the biggest problem is the shape of the dash on the passenger side - it really cuts into the legroom.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I can't find anything on the ledge lockem is talking about. Anyone hear of this problem?

·
Registered
183 Posts
There was a new exhaust option for 2017 I believe, it was a Center exit system, made by a motorcycle exhaust company I believe, a $5k option.
As for the seats, they need to be unbolted and moved to the desired position, dealer should do it under warranty for you I would think. I have been in a few and at 6’ I have been very comfortable.
That’s it, someone told me they do sport bike exhausts as well, it’s an expensive option that looks siiiick, but doesn’t sound much different.
The Akrapovic exhaust is expensive but it was $3k, not $5k. I think it sounds great and there is no drone like owners complain about with the other AR exhausts.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
yes, Alfatech, they have done bike exhausts for quite some time, I think they started when titanium wasn't needed for so many new mig fighters, and there were unemployed titanium certified welders etc

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm 5'6" and can hardly get out of one. How do you manage?
I think it is easier to get out if you are taller. I am a little over 6' 2" tall and have long legs for my height. I think long legs help get better leverage getting out of the car and stretching across the wide tub.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
optional Akropovic exhausts, center tips instead of side.
I recollect the unbolting of the seat from my reading/youtubing.

I do wish the 4c was my wife's dream car.
you might want to learn more about Akrapovic as you might be asked more often in the future....the company that beside having racing exhaust on multiple championship winning MotoGP Yamahas also had exhaust on LMP1 Audis that won LeMans numerous times....

·
Registered
537 Posts
The Akrapovic exhaust is expensive but it was $3k, not $5k. I think it sounds great and there is no drone like owners complain about with the other AR exhausts.
Jeff
I can check the options, but I’m sure it was $5k, I’m in Canada, everything costs more, lol.

you might want to learn more about Akrapovic as you might be asked more often in the future....the company that beside having racing exhaust on multiple championship winning MotoGP Yamahas also had exhaust on LMP1 Audis that won LeMans numerous times....
Thanks for the info, but I’m not in sales, I doubt I’ll need to know much about their history, lol.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
For seat elevation adjustment, see this thread on the 4C Forum.
http://4c-forums.com/15-interior/7218-seat-elevation-adjustment.html

Yellow coupes with Akrapovic exhaust are rare indeed. I was able to see and hear one recently that was privately owned. Very sweet sound, much better than the stock racing exhaust on my 4C.

Who says a 4C is impracticable? I have 29,000 miles on mine as a daily driver. My wife and I drove her up to Seattle and back. Three weeks and 4,000 miles. Took the backroads through the mountains there and the coast route home. Perfect car on perfect roads.

Getting in and out isn't that bad. My father is 80 and has driven my 4C. He's 6'2 and didn't have any issues. The important thing is to open the door all the way. Put one foot out and stand up.

I'll be the first to tell you that the 4C isn't for just everybody though. Very few can truly appreciate her for what she is. She is a street legal race car. A niche car for niche people. The 4C is the heart and sole of Alfa Romeo. The Giulia is their money maker so they can stay in business and produce money loosing car like the 4C.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,727 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Wow, great call. That looks like a refrigerator seal, lol. Something has to fix it better than that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts