Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Giulia to the dealer to request the Apple carplay not knowing it wasnt out, and to ask if they could check for rough idling and acceleration in the first few gears. Was told it would take 45 minutes. Then given a Loaner and told I would be called. 5 hours pass before I am called by the Salesman who sold me the car stating that the update isnt released for my Nov 2017 build car but he had no idea about any other issue.
Then, I call 2 hours later to see what is up and am told by the service manager that they are unsure what is up with my car but Ill get a call back in 20 minutes.. 3 hours later I call to the dealership to find out they still have no idea what is up(wrong or not) with my car.

And here I was in love with my car.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Location and Dealer.....

Reactions: Max and FNM

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
that wouldn't fill one with confidence they know what the heck they're doing! Keep us updated

·
Registered
414 Posts
To be honest I have no confidence in my local dealership either... It sucks that as much as I love the car itself the experience with the dealerships is causing a rift..

Today I received a call from Chrysler finance stating that my acct was delinquent.. mind you I've only had the car 6 weeks..
Turns out the dealership forgot to send Chrysler the first payment that I made in house..

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
This is so not acceptable, anyone who has legitimate complaints about dealers ought to be posting the name and location on the forum, and hopefully natural selection thins the herd and better dealerships are opened as time goes by ...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay Folks,
The dealership was very apologetic after I went out there on the second day. Apparently they were kept in the dark by Alfa( This is Texas so everything is a Franchise)

the attachment should explain what went on

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Okay Folks,
The dealership was very apologetic after I went out there on the second day. Apparently they were kept in the dark by Alfa( This is Texas so everything is a Franchise)

the attachment should explain what went on

So, Is it running better?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far I do still see the little hiccups after a cold start in advanced efficiency but these smoothen out a little quicker.
It seems to have fixed it in N&D.
In addition, advanced efficiency has smoothened out much better as a soft driving mode and seems to be saving fuel better with less “nannying” needed from me to really get it to respond during overtakes.

On the flipside.. the start-stop system seems to be out. Everything else including the forward collision warning and all sub-systems seem to be online so do I really want that battery sapping annoying feature back???

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Began this morning with a low pressure warning for the left rear tire out of nowhere. The rest were at 40psi(why?) and this at 26.
Since the dealer is also on my way to work and 5-10 minutes from my place, went straight there praying the run flat scenario doesnt happen.
Maintenance head checks tire pressure, brings them back to the normal 34psi per him- asks me to slowly roll forward- and everything looks ok.

Thank him, head to work and Im at the traffic light when the car shuts down!! Voila!, the start-stop system just decided to come back to life??
Turn the annoying thing off but now Im thinking if tire pressure also contributes to start-stop system?

What sorcery is this car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts