Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. The NA spec car infotainment is the same as the EU ones, other than the map/navigation files. Sure you don't need to install it, but there will be general improvements if you do. If you read other peoples posts you would see they are having quicker loading and response on the touch screen. I'm not going to make a list of changes but it seems to be working much smoother than before.

I'm not aware of OTA updates, maybe you can do some research and get back to us on that.
The release refers to EMEA. I don’t know if there is a difference between our models and theirs to be honest. But why not refer to NA also? That’s what worried me.

The 2020+ are supposed to get OTA updates. Not sure why they’re not getting pushed…

·
Registered
256 Posts
There you go :):

Also new for 2020 is a host of standard and available connectivity features including: Wi-Fi Hotspot, Mobile App with Remote Operations, SOS Call (Private) and Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Finder, Stolen Vehicle Locator and Assistance, as well as select Firmware Over the Air (OTA) updates (some functionality late availability).

Whatever that means...
Thank you! I know that some EU owners got an update OTA as I read them mention it on another forum… NA always gets the short end of the stick… 😞

1 - 8 of 8 Posts