Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know there is a new update for 3rd Gen MY20+ vehicles on the alfaowner site. The newest version is 130.000.002.

It requires a two step process to install the update. You need two usb sticks to complete the update. DO NOT USE BOTH SETS OF FILES ON THE SAME USB DRIVE.

1. First step, if your software version is lower than 127, install L2L3 TRASITION PROD.127.000.004

After you install the first update, you need to unplug the usb stick and insert another one with the second update. The screen will say Transition to L2L3 successful. Ready to Install System Update in green letters. That is when you can replace the first usb stick with the next one.

View attachment 119198

2. Second step: Remove USB drive after the first update is completed. Install second set of files. GIORGIO L3.21302A.130.000.002

View attachment 119199

The system will reboot itself and then you can check your version in the software update section.
View attachment 119200

I was on version 119.001.009 before installing this update. It worked for my vehicle, no issues.

The files were posted by another forum member on this site:
How to: Infotainment updates

Update at your own risk. This was posted by another forum member, unknown source.
What has changed or what problems is it supposed to fix?

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I don't know what has been changed or improved. But I've noticed increased responsiveness after updating. It seems to boot up faster after I start the vehicle.

I just applied the update last night, so its still new to me as well.

There was no service bulletin provided by the source, just the files.
Thanks for the feedback, you’re braver than I!

Mine was just at the dealer last week and they didn’t indicate any update was recommended* and I don’t seem to have any issues with mine, so I think I’ll hold for now.

*They did apply an update to my HVAC though.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Just curious what did they do to update the HVAC? Something in the software?
Yes, SW update. I never had any issue, but this is what I found on the NHTSA site (For MY21)

“The customer may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination with the following Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) or the symptom/conditions listed below: B10C8-36 - Cabin Fan Brushless - Signal Frequency Too Low. The HVAC fan stops working after a Engine Start/Stop (ESS) function.”

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I never saw the MIL, but had the fan stop working as part of a start/stop. Wouldn't come back on until I shut the car off and turned back on again. This is what prompted the software update for me.
Maybe that’s why I never saw the issue. I always disable start/stop as soon as I start the car.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
after update touchscreen responsiveness is much faster and smoother.

PS no need to use two USB flash drives, just put updates in separate folders and when updating move corresponding files to root folder. this is how mine looks

View attachment 119285
Any changes you noticed other than the touchscreen response? I rarely use the touch control, any other reason to update?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts