Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Has anyone considered a tri colore style stripe on their giulia ti or qv? it could be fun. thoughts?
Nope, though that 360 Challenge sure is pretty:grin2: only cosmetic thing I will be doing is a set of new shoes...thinking of going throwback with a brushed bronze rim like the old campys....HRE makes a set that look like they would work...but I'm hoping to find something not so rich in $$$$ :grin2:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Certain touches are appropriate on sports cars but on Sedans look a little out of place....JMHO....

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may give it a try. I simple tri-colore stripe may be cool on my volcano black, I am going to lower it an inch as well. should look like a bad azz Italian hot rod:)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The SF look alikes always made me wonder? Mazda even to this day is the only Japanese car maker to win the 24 hours of Le Mans. Why did tuner shops feel the need to copy the cavallino? The Seagull won the trophy.

Not sure about a stripe but look into it. A Scuderia or Speciale stripe might work too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,735 Posts
I like the black stripe that QV comes which along the rocker/rear fascia. The sides of the Ti are kind-of bland in comparison. Contemplating having it painted on to my Bianco Trofeo Ti Q4 (if it ever arrives); maybe in black, maybe in red. I feel it is suitably subtle for a sedan unlike an over the top racing stripe.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The SF look alikes always made me wonder? Mazda even to this day is the only Japanese car maker to win the 24 hours of Le Mans. Why did tuner shops feel the need to copy the cavallino? The Seagull won the trophy.

Not sure about a stripe but look into it. A Scuderia or Speciale stripe might work too.

a variation of the scud stripe would be more like a proper tri-colore treatment I was thinking. if I were to give it a go, it would clearly be easily reversible so I would hope it less offensive to those taking themselves too seriously:)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hehe, sure. Maybe tricolori wrap your mirrors, or do a carbon accent stripe on the skirt. That last pic I posted is a 488 man. Somebody screwed up ;) Yes it's a speciale stripe but those awesome hip scoops and carbon divider are 488 all the way.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I have the SF stripe on my spec Boxster race car.
I believe the QV, with its looks and race mode sound, doesn't need anything else to attract attention......
If you do it, more power to you!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My GTV with tricolore.

I like that! that is along the lines of what I was thinking. again, I can see that the idea is not wildly popular amongst the site but do think it could be kind of cool against the volcano black finish.

where did you have the stripe made?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I happened to catch a show on Velocity called Restoration Garage where a guy had an old yellow GTV or Giulia coupe, I forget. He had it painted rosso with a thick but subtle dark red center stripe down the middle of the car and that looked amazing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts