Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I don’t know if I should be trusting alfa’s anymore. I bought my car last month and it already has been in the shop twice for check engine light. First time they stated that nothing was wrong with the car, no codes were sent. Now i am waiting to see whats going on. I have the Verizon Hum and on both occasions, it is stating something wrong with o2 sensor, rich to lean or something. According to dealership, they don’t want me to have it plugged in due to false readings. I didn’t have it plugged in all week and the car still pulled the check engine light. I plugged the Hum back in and it states the same error again. Just so frustrating to come in for stupid stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
443 Posts
Throw that thing as far away from your car and then set it on fire asap.

These have been known to cause issues like this. Additionally they are tracking your location and selling that data. You're paying to sell yourself and screw up your car.

·
Registered
876 Posts
8 months with the car, never had a check engine light.. the times i made it to show up dont count lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

These have been known to cause issues like this. Additionally they are tracking your location and selling that data. You're paying to sell yourself and screw up your car.

The thing is, the second time I had it. The hum wasn’t plugged in at all. I had it plugged it to my Mini for the longest time and nothing ever pulled up on check engine.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The thing is, the second time I had it. The hum wasn’t plugged in at all. I had it plugged it to my Mini for the longest time and nothing ever pulled up on check engine.

The hum could have caused an issue that is still present even when it's not plugged in. So some searching, they have been known to do this in rare cases (progressive snapshot tool too).

Mucking around with the OBDII port is not nearly as safe as it's advertised to be. I've toasted several ECUs over the years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hum could have caused an issue that is still present even when it's not plugged in. So some searching, they have been known to do this in rare cases (progressive snapshot tool too).

Mucking around with the OBDII port is not nearly as safe as it's advertised to be. I've toasted several ECUs over the years.

I think it being italian is making it so sensitive. My father and brother and sister in law have them and no issues at all, for years now.

They did say the progressive snapshot does make it have false issues.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

Thanks Bender. MDH has been looking into the HUM for some time. I just read your concise review. The HUM is now off the table. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts