Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

1. On my old car, if any portion of it was not completely closed (i.e. a window ajar, or not fully closing the trunk or hood) the doors would lock but the alarm activated indication with flashing lights and beep would not occur letting you know that the car wasn't fully closed. I just tested on my QV with a window left open and I got the full flashing lights and beep as if it were fully locked and alarmed. Does anyone know if there is a setting to change that; it's a good way to know if something is left open?

2. Is there a way to permanently disable the auto dimming mirror feature? I know I can turn it off, but it turns itself back on with each car start. Is there any way to permanently disable this, or is this another item on the 'pre flight checklist' like the auto start/stop?

3. Does anyone know what the setting for 'lights > greeting lights' does? I tested with it on and off and couldn't see a difference when trying to unlock the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've found the answers to 2/3 but does anyone know about #1. Seems like a security issue to me if you can lock the car with an alarm if the car is but truly "closed"

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...lia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-Base-OM-2nd_R1.pdf

OK, this is the Base Manual, but the answer should be the same. Page 19, a second acoustical signal is an indication that something is not locked.

Page 34 simply notes the power button, and doesn’t address it resetting to on...but if you drive in reverse, it stays off!

Page 38-39 covers the ligh modes, it’s probably one of those.

And: https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...s/Giulia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-Radio-3rd.pdf

Page 37 confirms the courtesy lights are controlled by that option.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!
That's really helpful

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can lock the car with the windows open however the internal air pressure sensor will set off the alarm when a breeze go through the car. I found this out from personal experience.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that was my issue. I tested with the windows open and it locked. I'm going to try tonight with the trunk open and see what happens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts