Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after 6600 miles, my rear tires are getting borderline. Fronts are not that far behind.

This is not unexpected. Race mode is fun.

Living in AZ, snow and even rain are not issues. But it would be nice to get a little more out of a set without sacrificing the incredible grip of the stock tires.

Any advice from the hive-mind?

·
Registered
423 Posts
OEM tires are impressive, credit is due since they produce so much grip.

That said, I don't think it's a bad trade off to move to a Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Comparable dry grip with much better wet performance & tread longevity.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at these as a possible next tire--very good tires any way you shake it.

Has anyone installed the Michelins on a Q? How do they compare?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have, no real trade off to speak about unless you are tracking the car + you get rid of the tire " skipping" which is a bonus.

·
Supporting Vendor
692 Posts
I was looking at these as a possible next tire--very good tires any way you shake it.

Has anyone installed the Michelins on a Q? How do they compare?

We installed the Michelin PS4S on our QV over a year ago, in a 255 and 295 size which fits really well on the stock wheels. There have really been zero negatives about this tire. 95% of the time they are stickier than the PZero Corsas and they seem to tolerate abuse better as well.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,443 Posts
I wonder how the 4s compare to the ss

·
Registered
423 Posts
I wonder how the 4s compare to the ss
I have read nothing to make me believe they aren't an improvement in every way...which is impressive since I've really never heard anything bad about the MPSS.

Maybe...soft sidewalls, so autox'ers complain about that somewhat on occasion, but that's it.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
I have read nothing to make me believe they aren't an improvement in every way...which is impressive since I've really never heard anything bad about the MPSS.

Maybe...soft sidewalls, so autox'ers complain about that somewhat on occasion, but that's it.
I'm no where near ready for new tires but I may consider the 4s over the corsa, although I don't see the 4s on tirerack in qv size so it may have to be the ss

·
Registered
202 Posts
I went MPS4S and love them. Not going to another tire until something better comes along.

Living in PHX, not having to worry about the cold, I can't see how that is not the perfect move for you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
I went MPS4S and love them. Not going to another tire until something better comes along.

Living in PHX, not having to worry about the cold, I can't see how that is not the perfect move for you.

Good luck.
Do they make 4s in qv size, didn't see it on tire rack

·
Registered
223 Posts
I also vouch for the 4S installed them on my 2.0 and couldn't be more satisfied. Car just grips no matter how hard I push them. Even when the fronts start to make noise in the canyons they never just dont lose traction right away. I always pay attention to the noise they make and correct my driving.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Do they make 4s in qv size, didn't see it on tire rack
When I bought mine earlier this year, they did not have OEM size for the rear. So I went up 10mm in the back, which actually is great - better grip, wider-looking stance, makes the car look a little more "bad-a$$" from the rear :)

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
When I bought mine earlier this year, they did not have OEM size for the rear. So I went up 10mm in the back, which actually is great - better grip, wider-looking stance, makes the car look a little more "bad-a$$" from the rear :)
Nice>:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.