Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some 19x8.5 wheels and originally intended on doing 245/35/19's all around, however after doing some research 255's are for whatever reason quite a bit less expensive, and listed as max with for an 8.5" wheel. Anyone foresee any issues running this?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I think it may be a little bit too much width on the front. It should be no issue on the back as the current Ti Q4 staggered configuration has 255/35x19 on the back (with 9" wheels not 8.5"). The front on the QVs is 245/35x19 on 8.5" wheels. I would suggest to stick with any of the proven OEM configurations and 255/35x19 on 8.5" wheels isn't one of them.

·
Supporting Vendor
728 Posts
We have installed several sets of 255/35-19 tires on 19 x 8.5 wheels and they fit really nicely and the car definitely feels better with a little more rubber. The 255s don't look stretched on the 8.5 wheel at all.

After driving with these installed I really scratch my head why they weren't a stock size.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hopefully someone can advise. I recently purchased a Ti Sport Giulia with the 5 hole wheels. According to the window sticker it has 19"X8" and 19"X9" aluminum wheels. The front tires are 225/40/R19 (89W) Pirelli P Zero run flats. The rears are 255/35/R19 (92W) Pirelli P Zero run flats. The door jamb tire sticker says that these are the correct sizes for the vehicle. It is my understanding that these are Summer tires and before the Chicago Winters come I will need to replace them with an all season tire. My question is should I stay with those same tire dimensions and what would be a good recommendation for an all season tire, with or without run flats. I do not know how to tell if a tire will fit on a 8", 8.5", or 9" wide wheel. I appreciate any guidance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have installed several sets of 255/35-19 tires on 19 x 8.5 wheels and they fit really nicely and the car definitely feels better with a little more rubber. The 255s don't look stretched on the 8.5 wheel at all.

After driving with these installed I really scratch my head why they weren't a stock size.

Sweet this looks just right! what tires are on there? I'm looking at the Firestone Firehawks, normally I'd go Michelin PSS but lacking in the funds dept. and they have really good reviews.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,399 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ideally you'd want a 9" wide wheel to run 255/35's. 255 will work but look bulgy. It's always best to look at the tire manufacturer's recommended wheel widths for each respective tire. I have some 18x9 +34 with 255's sqaure and I love it.

Reactions: Callisto
1 - 20 of 26 Posts