Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
@Martyn, please upload pictures of your recently installed 245/35/19's with 5mm spacers in the back.
I’ve been lazy and driving my car around with the newly installed 245/35 R19 Continental DWS 06 Plus tires, WITHOUT the spacers!
I’ll put them on tomorrow and snap a few photos. I’m pleased with these wider tires and the 1.1% speedometer error is negligible.

Reactions: Giuliano

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ve been lazy and driving my car around with the newly installed 245/35 R19 Continental DWS 06 Plus tires, WITHOUT the spacers!
I’ll put them on tomorrow and snap a few photos. I’m pleased with these wider tires and the 1.1% speedometer error is negligible.
That’s great news. I too bought the set of 245/35 19 Nexen SU1 today, due to loosing a huge amount of acceleration with my remorseful purchase of the 245/40’s. I’ve learn the hard way that anything over 26” diameter height is a disaster for the performance. I lost so much acceleration specially at top end speed. Yeah, that 1% is no biggy on the speedo.

·
Registered
857 Posts
It’s probably my imagination, but I think my Giulia accelerates a tiny bit faster with the 245/35 R19 tires! Maybe the 1% smaller diameter helps a touch. I do like the ride quality with the non run flats versus the stock P7 run flats. How are those Nexen’s working out for you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Still waiting my Nexen to arrive, but I've had them installed previously on my other ride and then run smooth, low noise and great traction. Also, they are light like Pirelli tires. I wanted to pay less for Lionhart, but their review is garbage. The 245/40 Kuhmo's which are now installed are also great tires so far, but super super heavy 28lbs.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts