Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL, So here I am posting almost the same topic as my other one titled 245/40R19 on Q4 square is not perfect, but close.

So my buddy who is an instructor with the Audi Club was over on Sunday... he took one look at my tires and said "AWWW HELL NAWW, you'll burn those up at Road America"

Needless to say, I have new tires.... again. I now have 245/35R19 Yokohama ADVAN Apex V601s mounted. Don't ask how my wife is doing, she DOESN'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.

So I think these will do much better at RA than the Vredestein all-seasons. LOL

(yeah, I lift it by the rear diff, shut up.)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
You are just an awful person @JeFizz 🤣

Reactions: JeFizz

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take the spacers off, the dynamics of the ride on it change.
I was only using the 5mm on the rears, nothing on the front. 15mm up for sale. :D Spacers are off for track though.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: C.Q4 and mtb.ck

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lowered??
Nope, I did put on OEM 2017 Q4 with sunroof springs hoping it would drop me a little, but they were the same. Lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
My 18 Ti Sport Q4 sits much higher in the back than yours does. That's why I asked

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,725 Posts
Event rules require your car to be a particular shade of blue?
Is that a gopro on your left front grill? If so, does that angle "work" for a decent video?

I too have a square 245 35R19 setup on my Q4 and I am quite happy with it, although I have Tecnico 19x8.5 wheels as well. No spacers for me.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that a gopro on your left front grill? If so, does that angle "work" for a decent video?

I too have a square 245 35R19 setup on my Q4 and I am quite happy with it, although I have Tecnico 19x8.5 wheels as well. No spacers for me.
Blue only. :p

Yep ,fake go pro, and the angle isn't bad. I'll show a vid, it's a little weird being so low.

No spacers either, I got rid of em.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

The frame rate can't keep up with the motion at the bottom of the picture, but it's not bad for a $50 GoPro knockoff. You can really hear the intake DV+ fluttering, which I believe caused all of my issues.

Reactions: raymondjm4

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's one from a handfull of weeks ago where I actually used the tires a bit more. :D Dashcam footage, not action cam.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,725 Posts
The frame rate can't keep up with the motion at the bottom of the picture, but it's not bad for a $50 GoPro knockoff. You can really hear the intake DV+ fluttering, which I believe caused all of my issues.
Thanks.
Plenty of long straights there, what was your max speed?
My DV+ flutters in a similar fashion but at least from the driver's seat the sound is not so harsh. Your unit sounds like the piston is hitting something, mine just sounds like a clean oscillation.

If you tape off the bottom of your lens you might get a little cleaner image on the rest.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks.
Plenty of long straights there, what was your max speed?
My DV+ flutters in a similar fashion but at least from the driver's seat the sound is not so harsh. Your unit sounds like the piston is hitting something, mine just sounds like a clean oscillation.

If you tape off the bottom of your lens you might get a little cleaner image on the rest.
I no longer have the DV+ installed, and based on the performance of my last track day, it's way happier. max speed? 120? It was shite.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
@Martyn, please upload pictures of your recently installed 245/35/19's with 5mm spacers in the back.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, 245/35/19.
Thanks Jefizz, they look great. This size is what I decided to install to bring my acceleration back to near stock. I had the 225/45 18 but upgraded to 245/40 19 with five hole upgrade wheels. The 245/40 are way too high in diameter and screwed up my acceleration by far. Again, thank you

1 - 20 of 24 Posts