Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
But, we all knew the answer already https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/aut...ars-ranked/ss-BBL0Jtq?ocid=spartandhp#image=1 Went to road America this past weekend for the IMSA races. The Giulia was a huge hit and drew a crowd where ever it was. Long line of cars going both ways trying to get out of the track at the end of the day. About every 5th car passing the other way mentioned how beautiful it was. Also, met MPMB and his gracious, lovely daughter up there. Nice people.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Bravo! .......... Magnifico!

·
Registered
232 Posts
It was great to meet you on Sunday, and hope to see you again at the Chicago club picnic this coming Sunday! Molson's a beautiful dog!

·
Registered
527 Posts
lol, "entry level luxury cars ranked"... 8th, Kia Stinger. You know, that world-renowned luxury brand.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have finally seen a couple of Stingers on the road and one up close in a parking lot. It really is a dog's breakfast of clumsy design cues snitched from other luxury brands which comes off looking inauthentic and IMO ugly. My wife couldn't believe it cost as much (or more) as our Giulia Ti!

Reactions: alfa55

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I have finally seen a couple of Stingers on the road and one up close in a parking lot. It really is a dog's breakfast of clumsy design cues snitched from other luxury brands which comes off looking inauthentic and IMO ugly. My wife couldn't believe it cost as much (or more) as our Giulia Ti!
Well it is sort of like Walmart has a lot of foot traffic. You think because they focus on value everything you buy there is going to be the cheapest for what you are getting. I am not saying that Kia and Kiaundai shoppers are not savy but there is just more foot traffic.>:) Robertme is going to kill my MINI on that post

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Robertme. I will remove the Genesis from the list of Kiaundai models because they are the top of their line. They are selling. I seriously saw 2 Genesis and 3 Sonata at the store this morning and that was just the aisle I was walking through

·
Registered
162 Posts
I caught a Stinger owner drooling over my Giulia a few days ago. I think I startled him when I went to get into my car, but he still asked me several questions about it. He then pointed to the Stinger across the street and proudly stated that it was his... poor guy. I guess there's no accounting for taste.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts
Stinger looks like mashup between Giulia and Fisker Karma. Reportedly drives better than it looks but with a heavy feeling that Alfa and others have tuned/engineered out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I test drove the Kia Stinger before I bought the Giulia. You can get the mid tier model with the V6 similarly equipped for roughly the same price. But its not really a comparable vehicle. Instead it compares with the Dodge Charger. It has brute force and will smoke a 2.0 Giulia in a straight line but its ugly and not terribly fun to drive. Wasn't even close to the Alfa, like say the A4 was at least comparable...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Whenever I see a Kia I think the front end looks like Iron Man's helmet.

I guess it's the bump out section in the grill. I think a lot of the Kia Hyundai design language is just ripped off from other manufacturers.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hilariously enough, I leased a Stinger GT1 AWD for three days and 250 miles before the deal fell apart over extensive paint damage the dealer inflicted. Say what you will, but the vehicle has quite a bit going for it.

I appreciated:

1) The twin turbo V6 really is a great motor. Seriously fast in a straight line and smoother than I thought it would be.
2) Most of the color choices were interesting. Mine was a beautiful Ceramic Silver that was similar to an Audi Nardo grey. It looked striking, even with all the gaudy black chrome.
3) Cargo capacity with the hatchback and the seats down felt massive.
4) Absolutely great driver assistance tech. This surprised me, as it wasn't even on my radar when I was looking, but the car does an amazing job of keeping itself in the center of a lane without any help. The radar cruise was also one of the smoothest and worked down to a stop. Great road trip car.
5) It may not have the Alfa curves, but people LOVED it. It was like being in a parade float.

I was happy to see it go because:

1) With no LSD and all-season tires, my GT1's rear end was super sloppy when pushed hard. Most of the positive reviews are of the higher LSD trim with summer tires. By the third day, all I felt was the weight of the thing.
2) It looked like a giant Optima from the side
3) Horrible fuel economy. I was getting 12.3 mpg around town.
4) Touch screen was far away, and thus very distracting to use.
5) Dealer was absolutely terrible from head to toe. Washed every inch of the car with a wheel brush. Kia has no idea how to sell these cars.

I ended up in a Giulia Ti Sport Q4 with the LSD shortly thereafter, and have been much (MUCH) happier.

(Still miss the color and the hatch though!)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Robertme. I will remove the Genesis from the list of Kiaundai models because they are the top of their line. They are selling. I seriously saw 2 Genesis and 3 Sonata at the store this morning and that was just the aisle I was walking through
No worries.....but actually the Equus, now the g90 is the top of the line. Crazy interior with reclining powered front and back seats...more of a Bently feel than sports sedan. I don't mind the kidding about hyundai...it's not for everyone. My wife loves hers and is happy so that's all that matters.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Whenever I see a Kia I think the front end looks like Iron Man's helmet.

I guess it's the bump out section in the grill. I think a lot of the Kia Hyundai design language is just ripped off from other manufacturers.

If you really look at the lights and the face vs the grill I see the similarities. Maybe the designers are Iron Man fans and wanted a car in his likeness. Success:smile2:

I don't care how that drives that thing looks like every other car in that line. It is just me but I would feel like I was wearing polyester vs cashmere. Hey there are plenty of lovers and buyers so I can't knock it just not for me.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The Stinger looks like an ebay add on car. Not nearly as sexy as the Giulia, it has that Transformers look that the Civic has. With the price of the top model, it's a wonder they sell at all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've only seen a few Stingers on the road, one in bright yellow. Huge fan of bright colors on cars but it did not help the looks at all imo.

·
Registered
460 Posts
No worries.....but actually the Equus, now the g90 is the top of the line. Crazy interior with reclining powered front and back seats...more of a Bently feel than sports sedan. I don't mind the kidding about hyundai...it's not for everyone. My wife loves hers and is happy so that's all that matters.
Hyundai seems to me to be a very good brand for economical transportation who succeeds at being more exciting than Toyota (a low bar, but still). I don't know why anyone would have negative feelings towards it.

Still, I can't help but think of this line, though admittedly dated:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts