Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

2023 Orders

8K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  26892 
#1 ·
I placed a QV order in late May and was told by the dealer it would be built as a 2023 model. I have been unable to determine for sure what changes will be in the 2023 model. Does anyone have reliable information?

#5 · (Edited)
I have been unable to determine for sure what changes will be in the 2023 model. Does anyone have reliable information?
Well, semi-reliable ;)

The facelift is due in November/December this year, starting with the European markets. AFAIK the North American markets will get the facelift later during 2023, but I don't know when. So, there will probably be no major changes between the MY22 and MY23 (pre-facelift). And, the facelift is set to be a fairly modest one; New LED head lamps, a digital cannocchiale and the same operating system for the infotainment as for the Tonale (but the screen remains, so smaller but still integrated in the dashboard).

Edit: please note that I’m referring to the EU standard of a model year, which means that a MY23 starts in January 23. Apologies for any confusion caused by this!

#19 ·
And, the facelift is set to be a fairly modest one; New LED head lamps, a digital display (cannociale) and the same operating system for the infotainment as for the Tonale (but the screen remains, so smaller but still integrated in the dashboard).
Glad the dashboard is the same. However, it's spelt "cannocchiale" and that's not specific to the digital instruments. That word just means "binoculars", which is the shape of the instruments housing that Alfa Romeo have had for decades.

#16 ·
I found window stickers on two dealers websites for 2023 Giulia Estremas in transit and compared with some 2022 QV window stickers. The headlamps, instruments and info displays are identical. So I assume this fairly indicates no changes for these items on 2023 QV. Make sense?

#24 ·
... and to further complicate things - there are some speculations (again, speculations!) that due to the slight delay of the Tonale PHEV, now due in October, the Giulia/Stelvio facelift may be delayed a bit as they don't want to launch these at the same time. So, maybe the launch in November-ish with a production start in December (just like with the last update) could potentially be pushed to Jan/Feb 23 instead. If this timetable is for the EU-market, the NA market may not get the facelift until next summer, (which would be a NA MY24, if I got this right?)

But again, it's just speculations...

#31 ·
Today, everyone seems to have taken a step back on the rumour mill, so we’re back to the LED-lights and the digital display launched during the winter or the first months of 2023. The possibility for an MHEV version for the four cylinder seems to get less and less probable by the day, so it will be a veeeery light refresh.

But again… nobidy knowns for sure! 😇

And yes, I am enjoying Italy to the full @GiulioCesareQ!

#32 ·
A couple of weeks ago, being interviewed about Tonale, Imparato confirmed the Tonal PHEV production would start in November, and that the facelifted Stelvio will be presented in that month too. Everyone thinks that the Giulia will be launched at the same time.

In 2019/2020, the standard Giulia and Stelvio were presented late in November (20th) whereas the Q-versions where launched on the 7 March 2020. I have no clue yet if they are going for the same differentiated launch strategy this time too. But the facelift is nigh! If you have long arms, you may be able to stretch out and feel it with your fingertips already now...

(please note that the dates are for the European market, LHD.)

#39 ·
... aaand now the configurator is up and running on the Italian site with the new versions... or not. Yesterday it worked fine, but the interior pic was not the facelift one. Today the app starts but the database times out so probably they are working on updating it.

Interesting though the price reduction if you order online. Quite a substantial cut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.