Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a fairly underutilized sub forum but I am writing this for future enthusiasts like myself who live in places with little access to the various configurations of the Giulia and would like to know how my configuration drives, as I was worried about the handling on an AWD model given my experience with similar BMW models.

I have a new 2022 Q4 Veloce, which comes with the LSD but no active suspension. It came with the square wheel setup and the P7 all season runflats. I changed them today to Michelin Pilot Sport AS/4s and took it for a spin on some familiar roads nearby.

This thing is AMAZING! Steering is similar to old BMW sport package cars (E36,E46). It feels like it leans into the curves and is an absolute joy to drive. I only have 700 miles on it so far and most of that was driving back from Chicago so I didn't push it hard--especially with the brand new tires--but even at 75% it is just an absolute joy to drive. The suspension is supple but the car corners flat and you can really feel the rear bias when powering out of curves. It is like magic.

If the active suspension adds another dimension of improvement I can't imagine it but I can attest that it is absolutely not necessary for spectacular handling. I am just thrilled with the car. This is the ultimate driving machine in my opinion. I am looking forward to years of driving joy. I am going to buy a 100k 5 year warranty and drive the wheels off this thing. It is awesome.

Before purchase I did get to drive a 2020 RWD TI sport and the handling is not noticeably different to me, which is fantastic.

Added for search purposes: AWD VS RWD, AWD handling, standard sport suspension

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,189 Posts
Sleeve Gesture Thumb Event Facial hair

Reactions: Rollo and wingler

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stock I like how the q4 feels on road vs rwd (non lsd). Rwd would break traction fairly easy and traction control would intervene, annoying as hell! On track the awd barely pushed on old tires. Don’t know if the Alfa awd system deserves an applause or the rwd will be even better than this. Giorgio platform is great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts