Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
501 - 520 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
450 Posts
Yeah I should be okay with the Montreal green QV, my dealer placed it the day orders opened for me and it has changed status to being built so I should be A-ok but its still a worry.

If I went with an Emira, it would absolutely be with the AMG 4 Cyl. Theres way more potential there imo and its just a cooler config i think. The V6 is a bit long in the tooth, and the AMG is just too interesting for me.
The most disappointing thing to me is that the only way to get the manual transmission in the Emira is with the V6. IMO the lack of the AMG Turbo 4 with a stick is a missed opportunity.

Yes I'm still clutching my pearls for a manual transmission lol.

Reactions: 614 and C.Q4

·
Registered
293 Posts
If I went with an Emira, it would absolutely be with the AMG 4 Cyl. Theres way more potential there imo and its just a cooler config i think. The V6 is a bit long in the tooth, and the AMG is just too interesting for me.
That's interesting, I'm pretty much 100% set on the V6. The AMG engine is really interesting but I love the way the Evora 400 sounds with its V6 and it's the same engine. It should also be the more powerful option (I say "should" because I'm just going by what those engines make in their current iterations). Having driven a very high-powered turbo I4 (granted, one I had tuned), I'm skeptical of the turbo lag and power band's efficiency, especially as the AMG engine doesn't make peak torque until 5500rpm, which negates the low-end torque grunt of a turbo. (There are also horror stories of people tuning the A45 AMG, but I always take those with a grain of salt).

Maybe in a few years after the QV ill grab one, especially once they start upping the power.
That is one of the more bothersome things about getting a Lotus. They say this is their last gas-powered car, but they'll certainly do as you say and build more powerful versions as time goes on. Who knows how long the Emira will last, though, as they introduce their EV cars.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Here are higher res pics showing a Veloce w/ Premium w/ red interior, but the stitch appears to be the same as black interior (white/silver stitch).

• Sad
Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,443 Posts
Reactions: C.Q4

·
Registered
517 Posts
Such a shame. I know these changes have no effect on performance but people care about looks especially when they pay $$$$$ for a car
I can see both sides. I will say, that after showing my wife these pics, she was happy that the red interior was toned down.

Red stitching was a nice touch though.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,481 Posts
Concerns confirmed.
• Supply chain issue?
• Cost reduction? How much?
• Complexity count?

I’ll do my best not to look. Supposed to be looking out the window anyway.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I just read that Jeep has to cancel 2022 orders for the Quadralift suspension on the brand new Grand Cherokee L due to chip shortages... It includes adaptive suspension.

I have to imagine this caused the lack of adaptive suspension option for Alfas as well.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
I just read that Jeep has to cancel 2022 orders for the Quadralift suspension on the brand new Grand Cherokee L due to chip shortages... It includes adaptive suspension.

I have to imagine this caused the lack of adaptive suspension option for Alfas as well.
This gives some hope for 2023 then

Reactions: ttaidapos

·
Registered
39 Posts

This gives some hope for 2023 then
I want to believe, but the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk still comes with yellow calipers and we all know what Alfa did with those...

·
Registered
517 Posts
If I order a 2022 and the 2023 has Active Suspension 🤬
Well I just placed my order! Fully loaded as much as a 2022 can be.:eek:

2022 Giulia Veloce Q4
Rosso Etna
Red Sport Seats
Red Calipers (Std.)
Premium Interior & Sound
Active Assist Plus
Staggered 19x8/19x9 Sport 5-Hole Summer Tires

No ETA yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just picked up a 2021 Verde Visconti TI w/Nero Package and Black Tech Wheels w/Yellow Calipers

...I am bummed that color won't be offered again, and it looks as if the Tech wheels are no longer offered as well? I'm glad they are putting in the active driver assist as standard....mine did not come with that feature, and it is the only thing I really miss (specifically Adaptive Cruise Control).

Still...100% love the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So it begins...
Alfa is missing an opportunity here, that is, if they want any sales volume as the industry is moving to electrification. There aren't too many serious performance sedans available and the Giulia is one solid entry, with a timeless design and the engineering credentials underneath to back it up. Instead of cutting back on options, why not create an affordable performance 4-cylinder model, which should attract enthusiasts who fear the electric takeover (including me)?

This model would include the 35W headlamp option (or update to LEDs), Veloce exterior bits plus the QV carbon rear spoiler, a choice of a couple of existing 19" wheels (with staggered wheels/tires an option), choice of one of 3 brake caliper colors, adjustable suspension, bolstered seats in black, but with black, tan or red on the dash and doors, paddle shifters and retail at about $45,000 MSRP base.

This is a package playing to the Giulia's strengths (looks/performance). All Stellantis would need to do is get the word out to the enthusiast community.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The carbon fibre spoiler aside that is pretty much our Velcoe spec here in Australia. Alfa sell about 30 of these a month here. Pro rata that would be about 400 sales a month in US terms. The pics are of a MY21 Veloce and HK audio and yellow calipers aside what you see is what you get standard plus the choice of interior trim.

Price though is around $60,000USD but it is hard to do a direct price comparison with different taxes and charges and our more costly freight.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
That colour interior is no longer available on the Veloce.

·
Registered
208 Posts
True, that car was delivered 2 days ago and would be amongst the last to include the tan interior.

That aside the point being made by @Superlight was that a better specced or more fully optioned model could significantly increase sales. My point was that that maybe the case.....but models already exist in other markets in line with the specs Superlight was suggesting and they don't seem to make a really significant impact on volumes.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Alfa needed more power. 505 in the qv is fine but having 3 other trims all at 280hp makes no sense. They need something in the mid 300s to take on the m340 etc. and maybe even supra and z buyers (would be same power but more practical)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Alfa needed more power. 505 in the qv is fine but having 3 other trims all at 280hp makes no sense. They need something in the mid 300s to take on the m340 etc. and maybe even supra and z buyers (would be same power but more practical)
Good idea, but hardly likely in the face of wholesale electrification of the industry.

·
Registered
68 Posts
True, that car was delivered 2 days ago and would be amongst the last to include the tan interior.

That aside the point being made by @Superlight was that a better specced or more fully optioned model could significantly increase sales. My point was that that maybe the case.....but models already exist in other markets in line with the specs Superlight was suggesting and they don't seem to make a really significant impact on volumes.
I think you missed my point. To keep Giulia sales moving Alfa would need 1), a model with product content that supports the brand DNA (looks/performance), 2), a price that represents great value for the money and 3), a willingness to advertise this model to its target market. All three steps are required for success.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
At least show some continuing product improvement, as almost every other brand has been doing since the Giulia’s launch.

Reactions: Superlight
501 - 520 of 656 Posts