Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
501 - 512 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
416 Posts
Yeah I should be okay with the Montreal green QV, my dealer placed it the day orders opened for me and it has changed status to being built so I should be A-ok but its still a worry.

If I went with an Emira, it would absolutely be with the AMG 4 Cyl. Theres way more potential there imo and its just a cooler config i think. The V6 is a bit long in the tooth, and the AMG is just too interesting for me.
The most disappointing thing to me is that the only way to get the manual transmission in the Emira is with the V6. IMO the lack of the AMG Turbo 4 with a stick is a missed opportunity.

Yes I'm still clutching my pearls for a manual transmission lol.

Reactions: 614 and C.Q4

·
Registered
292 Posts
If I went with an Emira, it would absolutely be with the AMG 4 Cyl. Theres way more potential there imo and its just a cooler config i think. The V6 is a bit long in the tooth, and the AMG is just too interesting for me.
That's interesting, I'm pretty much 100% set on the V6. The AMG engine is really interesting but I love the way the Evora 400 sounds with its V6 and it's the same engine. It should also be the more powerful option (I say "should" because I'm just going by what those engines make in their current iterations). Having driven a very high-powered turbo I4 (granted, one I had tuned), I'm skeptical of the turbo lag and power band's efficiency, especially as the AMG engine doesn't make peak torque until 5500rpm, which negates the low-end torque grunt of a turbo. (There are also horror stories of people tuning the A45 AMG, but I always take those with a grain of salt).

Maybe in a few years after the QV ill grab one, especially once they start upping the power.
That is one of the more bothersome things about getting a Lotus. They say this is their last gas-powered car, but they'll certainly do as you say and build more powerful versions as time goes on. Who knows how long the Emira will last, though, as they introduce their EV cars.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Here are higher res pics showing a Veloce w/ Premium w/ red interior, but the stitch appears to be the same as black interior (white/silver stitch).

• Sad
Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,307 Posts
Reactions: C.Q4

·
Registered
268 Posts
Such a shame. I know these changes have no effect on performance but people care about looks especially when they pay $$$$$ for a car
I can see both sides. I will say, that after showing my wife these pics, she was happy that the red interior was toned down.

Red stitching was a nice touch though.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,151 Posts
Concerns confirmed.
• Supply chain issue?
• Cost reduction? How much?
• Complexity count?

I’ll do my best not to look. Supposed to be looking out the window anyway.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just read that Jeep has to cancel 2022 orders for the Quadralift suspension on the brand new Grand Cherokee L due to chip shortages... It includes adaptive suspension.

I have to imagine this caused the lack of adaptive suspension option for Alfas as well.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,307 Posts
I just read that Jeep has to cancel 2022 orders for the Quadralift suspension on the brand new Grand Cherokee L due to chip shortages... It includes adaptive suspension.

I have to imagine this caused the lack of adaptive suspension option for Alfas as well.
This gives some hope for 2023 then

Reactions: ttaidapos

·
Registered
35 Posts

This gives some hope for 2023 then
I want to believe, but the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk still comes with yellow calipers and we all know what Alfa did with those...

·
Registered
268 Posts
If I order a 2022 and the 2023 has Active Suspension 🤬
Well I just placed my order! Fully loaded as much as a 2022 can be.:eek:

2022 Giulia Veloce Q4
Rosso Etna
Red Sport Seats
Red Calipers (Std.)
Premium Interior & Sound
Active Assist Plus
Staggered 19x8/19x9 Sport 5-Hole Summer Tires

No ETA yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a 2021 Verde Visconti TI w/Nero Package and Black Tech Wheels w/Yellow Calipers

...I am bummed that color won't be offered again, and it looks as if the Tech wheels are no longer offered as well? I'm glad they are putting in the active driver assist as standard....mine did not come with that feature, and it is the only thing I really miss (specifically Adaptive Cruise Control).

Still...100% love the car.

501 - 512 of 512 Posts