Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
461 - 480 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I get it, having one dash/door layout makes manufacturing easier. Seats just plop in. But man, I did like the red dash/door cards.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,407 Posts
I get it, having one dash/door layout makes manufacturing easier. Seats just plop in. But man, I did like the red dash/door cards.
If seats can just plop in, why can't a dash?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Hmm… this is making me question my pre-ordering decisions.

• Sad
Reactions: C.Q4

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,382 Posts
They do. They are sequenced with production.

Reducing complexity has become a key goal for some manufacturers, and they are at times using a machete to achieve it. Pickup trucks have traditionally had millions of buildable combinations,so they are probably keenly in focus.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
The Ti’s do not come with paddle shifters?

edit: I feel like dealers are going out of their way to obscure the interior:

And the listings are all ‘Ti’ when some are clearly ‘Veloce’.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well, they can, but seats, I mean lots of cars have same interior but cloth or leather seats. Seats are easily switched up on the production line.
They do. They are sequenced with production.

Reducing complexity has become a key goal for some manufacturers, and they are at times using a machete to achieve it. Pickup trucks have traditionally had millions of buildable combinations,so they are probably keenly in focus.
Yup.
The Ti’s do not come with paddle shifters?
No, it’s the lusso path of the Giulia. Veloce is the sporty side.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
[…]
No, it’s the lusso path of the Giulia. Veloce is the sporty side.
Disappointing.

Is dark miron out of the Veloce’s? The Veloce’s in the link I posted do not have the dark miron badging.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Disappointing.

Is dark miron out of the Veloce’s? The Veloce’s in the link I posted do not have the dark miron badging.
Well...

The badges appear to be silver, but the rest are black:

Mirrors
Window surround (DLO)
V-Scudetto
Wheel badges
Headliner

I can't tell if the headlights are tinted like the Carbon package.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Well...

The badges appear to be silver, but the rest are black:

Mirrors
Window surround (DLO)
V-Scudetto
Wheel badges
Headliner

I can't tell if the headlights are tinted like the Carbon package.
The badging is a somewhat easy fix--so strange how everywhere but in the US has the dark badging AND carbon fiber packages. Really disappointing--reading back through the order doc posted in this thread, it looks like the 'Premium Package' includes the upgraded stereo system AND "contrasted interior"--perhaps these earlier ships do not have the Premium Package.

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
The badging is a somewhat easy fix--so strange how everywhere but in the US has the dark badging AND carbon fiber packages. Really disappointing--reading back through the order doc posted in this thread, it looks like the 'Premium Package' includes the upgraded stereo system AND "contrasted interior"--perhaps these earlier ships do not have the Premium Package.
The Vesuvio above has Premium package.

Premium = HK Sound and Leather Package (dash/doors w/ contrasting stitch).

The red or tan seats are extra money.

Reactions: 614

·
Registered
519 Posts
The more I see the MY updates of the last couple years I am ever happier with my 2019.

Misano Blue - gone
Yellow brake calipers - gone
Carbon edition - gone

·
Registered
439 Posts
The more I see the MY updates of the last couple years I am ever happier with my 2019.

Misano Blue - gone
Carbon edition - gone
Misano is still available for 2022 Veloce and QV. But yes, they are simplifying the options.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
The more I see the dash and doors without red, the more I appreciate what I have.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts

Misano Blue - gone
Carbon edition - gone
Misano is still available for 2022 Veloce and QV. But yes, they are simplifying the options.
Anodized blue no longer available with Sport/Veloce.

• Sad

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I'm still contemplating cancelling my orders--I was already going to keep my 19 Giulia and replace the Stelvio with a MY22 and add a MY22 QV; but, I am not connecting with these changes at all. Which is strange, one of the things I love about the Alfa's are their simplicity in interior; but, bolting on red or tan seats and armrests without any other contrast, not offering dark options, etc. while the rest of the world has these options--nothing looks uniform.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm still contemplating cancelling my orders--I was already going to keep my 19 Giulia and replace the Stelvio with a MY22 and add a MY22 QV; but, I am not connecting with these changes at all. Which is strange, one of the things I love about the Alfa's are their simplicity in interior; but, bolting on red or tan seats and armrests without any other contrast, not offering dark options, etc. while the rest of the world has these options--nothing looks uniform.
I hear you, but the Premium has contrasting stitching on the dash and door tops which matches the red (and I assume tan on the Ti), and everything is dark except the badges.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I hear you, but the Premium has contrasting stitching on the dash and door tops which matches the red (and I assume tan on the Ti), and everything is dark except the badges.
Perhaps I need to zoom up a bit on the interior shots you posted--I could live with the red stitching as a contrast, and even the badging since those are easy mods.

Edit: No contrasting stitching that I can see... the opposite actually (from the link you provided, window sticker shows the 'Premium Interior and Sound Package'). The dealer also lists it as a 'Ti AWD' when it's obviously a Veloce from the badging and window sticker... So much confusion.

Window Sticker

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I believe from the document floating around, they are going from 22K possible configurations to 200 😂

• Haha
Reactions: C.Q4
461 - 480 of 647 Posts