Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
421 - 440 of 647 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Has anyone w/ an order received an update?

Another question:

For AR, are "orders" actual factory build orders OR are they just dealer allocation requests?

Example, for Subaru, if you order an STI, they don't send the order to the factory and build your specs. Instead, when your combination hits the pool of cars at the port your dealer may receive the car you are asking for. The concern with AR is that it's so a-la-carte that they may never build the combination that you "order."
My Ocra GT QV has just went into stage D1–my dealer told me that it very well may be the first MY22 Ocra GT QV to enter the US. Also too, the rumor is from him that the anodized advertised with the standard on the 22 QVs may actually be red now as standard in GTAm colors (Ocra is a GTAm color on a livery)—not sure how I feel about that. Also too, he said while the early document that’s been circulating around with the QV seats being just the Veloce seats, he said that will not be true. The standard seats will be all leather; however the QV seats will be upgraded over the Veloce. My 2022 Veloce Stelvio is moving along as scheduled too—ViN should be coming shortly. Stoked—although, not sure about the red calipers on the Ocra GT.

edit: also too, this may be the only quarter that the Ocra GT will be made available—apparently it’s really difficult to make and will likely not make it on any MY22 Veloce models, only H1 QVs.

Reactions: C.Q4 and ScanianMan

·
Registered
55 Posts
My dealer offered to paint my calipers (debated a Visconti green or green to match the clover leaf) for $800. Ultimately liked the black so not going to do it. Seemed reasonable and would want to do that with the limited options. THey said they could get the white alfa romeo decal for them as well. I bet it wouldn't be hard to find a better price, either.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
My dealer offered to paint my calipers (debated a Visconti green or green to match the clover leaf) for $800. Ultimately liked the black so not going to do it. Seemed reasonable and would want to do that with the limited options. THey said they could get the white alfa romeo decal for them as well. I bet it wouldn't be hard to find a better price, either.
$800 for a QV or a 2.0L? Curious because I thought pulling the calipers off alone on a QV is like $1,100 in labor.

·
Registered
55 Posts
$800 for a QV or a 2.0L? Curious because I thought pulling the calipers off alone on a QV is like $1,100 in labor.
For my QV. Of course, I got PPF, Ceramic, extra set of wheels for winter tires. Maybe giving me a good deal but they have never been the kind to offer up a good deal. I've had to get comparisons for everything else. I had mentioned it casually and had been looking at wraps, etc. Accessories manager said they could have them painted in any color i wanted for $800.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
For my QV. Of course, I got PPF, Ceramic, extra set of wheels for winter tires. Maybe giving me a good deal but they have never been the kind to offer up a good deal. I've had to get comparisons for everything else. I had mentioned it casually and had been looking at wraps, etc. Accessories manager said they could have them painted in any color i wanted for $800.
Gotcha, I’ll check with my dealer again—he’s not afraid to powder coat and paint things—he does it with almost any bright wheel that comes in because they don’t sell very well; however, it seemed when he was explaining the process of removing the QV calipers, everything has to be dropped and a huge time sink in the fronts with the active aero splitter that has to be removed. It was more in a passing conversation; however, with the revelation that some GTAm color QVs in MY22 may come from the factory with red calipers, I am having second thoughts.

Although, in the 2021 configurator on Alfa’s site, the red on Ocra doesn’t look bad, to be honest. If I could paint them, I’d like to go with the same color green in the clover I think… If it can be done for $800, I’d be all over it.

This company calls it an ‘in and out job’…

The Ocra on red that I’m thinking of replacing if in fact, that’s what‘s tied to the VIN after it gets through D1 phase…

·
Registered
70 Posts
My Ocra GT QV has just went into stage D1–my dealer told me that it very well may be the first MY22 Ocra GT QV to enter the US. Also too, the rumor is from him that the anodized advertised with the standard on the 22 QVs may actually be red now as standard in GTAm colors (Ocra is a GTAm color on a livery)—not sure how I feel about that. A
I seriously doubt that, for two reasons: First, the red calipers are $650 option on the QV. Second, most pictures I've seen of the GTAm have dark (anodized) calipers. Those pictures are all '21 models so things may be different for MY 2022.

I sure hope they don't come in red on my '22 QV (Verde Montreal) because I don't want to drive around in Christmas colors.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I seriously doubt that, for two reasons: First, the red calipers are $650 option on the QV. Second, most pictures I've seen of the GTAm have dark (anodized) calipers. Those pictures are all '21 models so things may be different for MY 2022.

I sure hope they don't come in red on my '22 QV (Verde Montreal) because I don't want to drive around in Christmas colors.
I said the same thing to him about the cost of the caliper upgrade—he’s a jokester; and I really thought he was messing with me—but he assured me he couldn’t be certain until he got the VIN. Absolutely possible he’s playing a long game prank on me; however I didn’t get the sense that this was the case.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Gotcha, I’ll check with my dealer again—he’s not afraid to power coat and paint things—he does it with almost any bright wheel that comes in because they don’t sell very well; however, it seemed when he was explaining the process of removing the QV calipers, everything has to be dropped and a huge time sink in the fronts with the active aero splitter that has to be removed. It was more in a passing conversation; however, with the revelation that some GTAm color QVs in MY22 may come from the factory with red calipers, I am having second thoughts.

Although, in the 2021 configurator on Alfa’s site, the red on Ocra doesn’t look bad, to be honest. If I could paint them, I’d like to go with the same color green in the clover I think… If it can be done for $800, I’d be all over it.

This company calls it an ‘in and out job’…

The Ocra on red that I’m thinking of replacing if in fact, that’s what‘s tied to the VIN after it gets through D1 phase…

View attachment 115106

View attachment 115107

This is the pic that told me the red calipers were pretty nice. The configurator pics are crap. They really have to work on the configurator......and when will they get it updated. They aren't only not offering 2021's but they are cancelling the ones that were ordered. Insult to injury......

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,407 Posts
I vote Green. The Green of the clover

·
Registered
334 Posts
For AR, are "orders" actual factory build orders OR are they just dealer allocation requests?
A factory order is just that: an order to Cassino to build a car to specification. A factory order counts against the dealer’s allocation. If you dealer has already hit their allocation, they cannot accept a factory order for that year.

When I ordered mine, the PO had in its terms that the order was contingent on the dealer having allocation remaining. It took a couple of days between when I signed the PO and when the dealer confirmed they had allocation and could accept the order.

·
Registered
439 Posts
A factory order is just that: an order to Cassino to build a car to specification. A factory order counts against the dealer’s allocation. If you dealer has already hit their allocation, they cannot accept a factory order for that year.

When I ordered mine, the PO had in its terms that the order was contingent on the dealer having allocation remaining. It took a couple of days between when I signed the PO and when the dealer confirmed they had allocation and could accept the order.
Thank you very much. That gives me hope that I can get the exact car that I want (besides a manual :( )

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,382 Posts
A factory order is just that: an order to Cassino to build a car to specification.
Within the limitations of the product offering, which have become quite restrictive. I will not be able to order a 2022 with the same content as my 2020.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Within the limitations of the product offering, which have become quite restrictive. I will not be able to order a 2022 with the same content as my 2020.
Right, but my concern is that I would order something w/in the limits, but it's just not on their to-do list vs. a factory order where they build my options list, colors, etc for me (within the limits).

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,382 Posts
Right, but my concern is that I would order something w/in the limits, but it's just not on their to-do list vs. a factory order where they build my options list, colors, etc for me (within the limits).
See if the dealer will let you sit at the computer and place the order yourself. Next best thing (OK, massively distant) to going to the factory to see it built.

·
Registered
439 Posts
See if the dealer will let you sit at the computer and place the order yourself. Next best thing (OK, massively distant) to going to the factory to see it built.
Another trip to Italy sounds nice...

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
293 Posts
May have missed it, but didn't go through 22 pages:

What color are the brake calipers on 2022 Giulia QV which do NOT have a color selected in the configurator? Are they just plain bare metal with no Alfa script? I've got a lead on a Verde Montreal so I'm wondering if they'll be black, bare metal or yellow (I really want red but it's not on the build sheet).

·
Registered
70 Posts
May have missed it, but didn't go through 22 pages:

What color are the brake calipers on 2022 Giulia QV which do NOT have a color selected in the configurator? Are they just plain bare metal with no Alfa script? I've got a lead on a Verde Montreal so I'm wondering if they'll be black, bare metal or yellow (I really want red but it's not on the build sheet).
Standard is anodized black (I think with a white logo). Red is a $650 option and is the only other color you can order.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sorry, I'm back again. Are there no more stitching color options for the QV in 2022? Don't see it on any build sheets I've come across.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry, I'm back again. Are there no more stitching color options for the QV in 2022? Don't see it on any build sheets I've come across.
Nope. Although the Sparco seats come with standard white/green stitching.

421 - 440 of 647 Posts