Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I stand by my statement. When considered as a complete package, it hardly qualifies as a luxury trim when compared to any of the competition. If you like what it offers, great. That doesn't make it any less true. The tech is terrible and is missing features that are offered in far cheaper cars. I don't know what luxury means to you, but the Lusso fails at every metric I have.
The higher quality leather and wood trim are the two things I'll miss (going sport for the next one). The leather dash is available in sport too and since 2019 MY so is the seat bottom tilt.

The argument can be made the other way around, too. Apart from the bolstered seats, only marginal cosmetic stuff makes the sport a "sport" package. I have the perf package in my current lusso (with lsd, paddles and dynamic suspension) and I would have dreaded to go to a sport without all three. And before the 2021 made the lsd standard, lots of "sports" had only paddles to show for their claims. And aluminium trim (still puzzled how that's viewed as an upgrade)...

·
Registered
59 Posts
So what do you think is a complete package? The Lusso trim is the interior option of more luxurious seats and leather and wood on the dash and doors and wheels that are different to the TI and TI sport. The tech is the same on all models and the car is the same also. The only thing that I would have liked is a nicer leather on the steering wheel. The Lusso package is one of the reasons I purchased a Guilia because the Genesis G70 was next on my list but I did not like the interior especially the black color. Don't forget MB and BMW's with luxury interiors cost another 30 to 40 thousand dollars. I would not buy a Guilia luxury model if it costs 20 or 30 thousand more.
My A5 had a lower sticker price than my Ti sport and has the following features that aren't even available on any Alfa.
  1. Ventilated seats
  2. HUD
  3. 360 camera
  4. Auto tilt mirrors
  5. Digital dash
  6. Auto park
  7. hands free trunk
  8. Spare tire
Those are just off the top of my head. Audi also gives you a choice of woods and colors for the interior. The 3 series (at least in the US) is roughly the same price and has similar features. The G70 has more interior colors besides black. Maybe you were looking at a specific exterior color that forced black. I don't know. It's also cheaper, with more features and is faster.

At least in the US, neither the BMW or MB cost 30-40K more than the Guila. A loaded M340i is maybe 10K more fully loaded, again with features that aren't even available on the Guila. You can buy an S4 for roughly the same money as the Guila with the same equipment (roughly).

When it comes to luxury, for me, it comes down to features and material quality. The ONLY thing the Lusso brings over the competition is the leather package. Otherwise, the competition offers more for the same money, again, in the U.S.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The higher quality leather and wood trim are the two things I'll miss (going sport for the next one). The leather dash is available in sport too and since 2019 MY so is the seat bottom tilt.

The argument can be made the other way around, too. Apart from the bolstered seats, only marginal cosmetic stuff makes the sport a "sport" package. I have the perf package in my current lusso (with lsd, paddles and dynamic suspension) and I would have dreaded to go to a sport without all three. And before the 2021 made the lsd standard, lots of "sports" had only paddles to show for their claims. And aluminium trim (still puzzled how that's viewed as an upgrade)...
I had to have the leather package. I found the interior of the car unacceptable without it, regardless of color.

You're right about the "sport" package for this car. My point is that they should have never even bothered to offer a "luxury" or "sport" trim in the first place. It isn't much luxurious about the Lusso and both models share identical equipment except the Lusso offers beige with wood trim. That option could have been made across the board IMO.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I had to have the leather package. I found the interior of the car unacceptable without it, regardless of color.

You're right about the "sport" package for this car. My point is that they should have never even bothered to offer a "luxury" or "sport" trim in the first place. It isn't much luxurious about the Lusso and both models share identical equipment except the Lusso offers beige with wood trim. That option could have been made across the board IMO.
Sounds like you should have stuck with Audi. Which is what I traded for my first Giulia w/Lusso package.

Reactions: Montecarlo

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like you should have stuck with Audi. Which is what I traded for my first Giulia w/Lusso package.
I have both. My point was to illustrate the lack of luxury features in the Lusso trim. which I provided examples for. What was your point?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia
247 Posts
I’ve said it before…. Considering many/most reviews have mentioned the sub-par interior material quality, Alfa should have made the leather package standard in the TiSport/Veloce, instead of the sunroof. IMHO
Many reviews changed tune on that for the 2020 model refresh. Having test drove a 2017 before leasing the 2020 I agree with this 100%. I loved how the 2017 drove, but many components (most important being the ones you interact with) felt cheap. The leather shifter and metal multifunction control for the infotainment are noticeable steps up as well as the standard touchscreen and redesigned menu system. Many of the trim components just feel a little more solid too. There is a lot of “soft touch” material still, I wouldn’t call it low quality.

All of that aside... I agree with you still. I’d prefer the leather interior over a sunroof as standard. It does look much better and I’m just not a sunroof guy personally.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Based on the 2021 / 2020 configurator, that brown is called 'tan'.
The dealer said this was a new color called, 'Saddle Brown'.
Is it the same thing just a new name?
While this is from BMW, the shades of brown should be consistent (i.e. Saddle Brown is darker than say Caramel):

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,682 Posts
While this is from BMW, the shades of brown should be consistent (i.e. Saddle Brown is darker than say Caramel):

Why is that just one single color in a C shape above a BMW? 🤣

I kid I kid

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,773 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
oh look, it's the German rainbow!
Years ago, Simon & Garfunkel pegged the German-car palette:

And after it rains, there’s a rainbow
And all of the colors are black.
It’s not that the colors aren’t there
It’s just imagination they lack.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia
247 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got my 21 Ti. Having come from brands like BMW, Porsche, and Lexus; I actually think the interior is pretty damn nice. I had written this car off completely prior to the refresh because of the interior. However with the refresh they cleaned things up and everything feels pretty nice and well screwed together. Leather feels great quality, and props to Alfa for having leather standard instead of fake stuff like other brands. The switchgear and buttons feel high quality and well damped.

However key things I feel are still missing include:
-Standard blind spot, auto dimming mirrors
-Standard wood or aluminum trim. It seems the trim on Sprint and Ti models is plastic
-Standard sunroof
-Standard paddle shifters

These are things that all competitors include even in stripper models, or at least dealers stock majority of inventory with these features.

Sad to hear that yellow calipers are leaving, glad I picked up a car with them!

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
419 Posts
Alfa lists the standard TI interior trim as "Dark Oak Wood" They wouldn't lie.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Alfa lists the standard TI interior trim as "Dark Oak Wood" They wouldn't lie.
Maybe someone that is questioning this needs to rip it off, saw it in half and count the rings? 😂

Reactions: Montecarlo
181 - 200 of 202 Posts