Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

2022 Changes

114K views 775 replies 80 participants last post by  Chipshot 
#1 ·
Here are a few changes to MY 2022.

Ti Sport to rebadged to Veloce name (North America)
Ti Lusso package = gone
Ti Carbon package = gone
4 colors of brake calipers to now 2 (red and silver?) Not seeing black or yellow.
32 wheels to 13 wheels combinations (Giulia + Stelvio)
17 exterior colors to 10 exterior colors
All trims get standard wireless charging
All trims get standard ADAS 1 (Blind spot, ACC, LDW, auto high beam, front park assist, auto dim mirrors)
Sprint gets standard navigation
Ti, Veloce, QV get standard hands free liftgate

#8 ·
The colors I'm seeing moving forward are

Alfa Rosso
Alfa White
Anodized Blue
Moolight Grey
Vesuvio Gray
Vulcano Black
Misano Blue
Ocra GT
Rosso ETNA
Verda Montreal

No more Montecarlo, Rosso Competizione, Silverstone, Visconte, Tricoat White, Stromboli off the top of my head.

#513 ·
Alfa is missing an opportunity here, that is, if they want any sales volume as the industry is moving to electrification. There aren't too many serious performance sedans available and the Giulia is one solid entry, with a timeless design and the engineering credentials underneath to back it up. Instead of cutting back on options, why not create an affordable performance 4-cylinder model, which should attract enthusiasts who fear the electric takeover (including me)?

This model would include the 35W headlamp option (or update to LEDs), Veloce exterior bits plus the QV carbon rear spoiler, a choice of a couple of existing 19" wheels (with staggered wheels/tires an option), choice of one of 3 brake caliper colors, adjustable suspension, bolstered seats in black, but with black, tan or red on the dash and doors, paddle shifters and retail at about $45,000 MSRP base.

This is a package playing to the Giulia's strengths (looks/performance). All Stellantis would need to do is get the word out to the enthusiast community.

#4 ·

Ti Carbon package = gone
4 colors of brake calipers to now 2 (red and silver?) Not seeing black or yellow.
Guess that will make my Misano Blue Ti Sport Carbon with yellow calipers even a rarer beast.

#5 ·
Guess that will make my Misano Blue Ti Sport Carbon with yellow calipers even a rarer sexy beast.
You forgot something ^^^

#7 ·

Ti Sport to rebadged to Veloce name (North America)
Ti Lusso package = gone
Ti Carbon package = gone
32 wheels to 13 wheels combinations (Giulia + Stelvio)
17 exterior colors to 10 exterior colors
All trims get standard wireless charging
All trims get standard ADAS 1 (Blind spot, ACC, LDW, auto high beam, front park assist, auto dim mirrors)
Sprint gets standard navigation
Where did you see this?

#10 ·
ADAS 1 package is nice. Adds value that honestly should have been standard on the 2020 or 2021 models IMO considering the car's segment.

Not the best sign for the car as a whole, but better value for those of us looking to pick up one of the final years on the Giorgio platform.

Reactions: Montecarlo
#12 ·
Damn shame about the calipers and Visconte going away. If I got a new one--or a Stelvio--I'd want the Verde with tan/chocolate interior and yellow calipers.

Leased a 2020 Stelvio for the wife back in February. Vulcano Black/Chocolate/Yello Calipers/Nero. Wasn't a huge fan of the black going into it but the yellow calipers are awesome on it.

I agree with "...and so it begins" but, to be fair, most stock I see from dealers is all black or red interiors with Verde and yellow calipers in general being hard to come by. Still sucks that you won't be able to build one out if you wanted to though.

#14 ·
yeah glad i got Rosso Comp Carbon w/ yellow calipers.
but wouldn't mind verde mont, but i want yellow calipers w/ it

#18 ·
We need to keep in mind 2022 will be the 6th model year and now the new m3 is closer than ever in terms of performance (grille aside). Alfa needs a change to keep up. The GTA should have been it, but 250 units at 180k or whatever price it is isn't going to do it unfortunately

#19 ·
I support these changes. They need to reduce their costs on this car and simplification is one way to do it. The Lusso is a joke and has been from day 1. It's missing far too many features to be considered a luxury trim. TBH, given the number of new competitors hitting the scene this year and next, the Alfa is becoming a very hard sell. It doesn't have enough tech for its price range. The handling advantage just isn't enough for a lot of people to compromise on the features that are expected in the 50k+ price category.

#27 · (Edited)
I'm in favor of the streamline and pushing more features to the standard build for this car, but I'm a little shocked by the drop of the Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat and no explanation yet of what Rosso ETNA will look like. Having a Rosso Tri-coat and wanting to update mine to a new MY this may be a no go for now.

Probably a miss step omitting the carbon fiber V and making the dark miron V standard on the QV.

Woah - all trims get the carbon fiber drive shaft?!?!?

#28 ·
I'm in favor of the streamline and pushing more features to the standard build for this car, but I'm a little shocked by the drop of the Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat and no explanation yet of what Rosso ETNA will look like. Having a Rosso Tri-coat and wanting to update mine to a new MY this may be a no go for now.
Rosso ETNA is the red the GTA/M you see.

Left is rosso etna (gta) vs competizione

#35 ·
Is this definitely on the Giulia or is it on the Stelvio only? One big thing I miss from my Mercedes E350 was kicking under the bumper to open and close the trunk. Not that I'd replace my car over it, but its such a great feature.

I support these changes. They need to reduce their costs on this car and simplification is one way to do it. The Lusso is a joke and has been from day 1. It's missing far too many features to be considered a luxury trim. TBH, given the number of new competitors hitting the scene this year and next, the Alfa is becoming a very hard sell. It doesn't have enough tech for its price range. The handling advantage just isn't enough for a lot of people to compromise on the features that are expected in the 50k+ price category.
I still can't believe they haven't updated the reverse camera or added surround cameras. The competitors have had them for years, the camera on this car is so unbelievably bad. Functional, yes, but awful and way worse than one would expect on a car of its range.

I was under the impression that only the QV got the carbon fiber drive shaft in the current build. Can someone confirm this?
All Giulia have always had a CF driveshaft.

#37 ·
Is this definitely on the Giulia or is it on the Stelvio only? One big thing I miss from my Mercedes E350 was kicking under the bumper to open and close the trunk. Not that I'd replace my car over it, but its such a great feature.
My mistake, I believe thats Stelvio only. It says "GU only" which I believe is Stelvio.

#43 ·
I know a lot of this stuff comes down to taste / personal preference (and likely some sales data) but eliminating yellow calipers is a mistake. It's one of the more unique, striking features on Alfas, and one that I get many compliments on. Seems like a minor thing, but aesthetics are a big part of modern Alfa ownership and they can't afford to make mistakes like this. The yellow makes the car feel more exotic than it is, which helps offset getting service alongside a Dodge Dart. Rivian has caught on and their flagship color combo is very close to Misano Blue with yellow calipers.

Alfa and their dealer network continue to step on their crank in regards to leveraging their strengths. The adaptive suspension has always been class leading, and yet is found on basically zero cars. The brighter, more Alfa-unique colors are only ever ordered in small quantities and sell out immediately. I've driven dozens of new vehicles in the last 6 months, including several Teslas and the Alfa ergonomics and ACP/AA system are among the best. Need to ditch the cringe Kimmi ads and position it as "driver focused, minimalism, not here for podcasts, Italian cars don't have IPads" instead of "me-too touchscreens". The seats and quality of the leather are absolutely class leading. Mine have held up better than any Audi we've owned.

#44 ·
Reactions: Montecarlo
#45 ·
#61 ·
I'm hoping that my car (ordered 20 Feb) is built or getting built. Dealer doesn't seem to have much access to information about the progress of the car. He thinks it might be due to to go through the factory this week.

Not like my previous experiences with Audi - where I was updated regularly.

#67 ·
I don't understand why they just cancel orders, does anyone know why this is done? Why wouldn't they just delay orders, or bounce it back and say "your order will become a 2022 due to X and so you need to make Y changes". It just makes it worse for the customer, because what do you do now? Do they come back and say "buy whats on the lot and deal with it'? Or do they just make you redo the order, therefore pushing you further back in line?

Reactions: kumar_a and Avnyc11
#69 ·
I think that no one knows. I think that they do whatever they want, how they want, and that has worked well for them in the past 110 years. Not sure the trend will change and yes, these days, the world is different. You can just imagine if they listen to us. We would have about 370 exterior colors, some 200 interior colors, probably 100 caliper colors, several touchscreen sizes between 7 and 17 inches, no touchscreens. Ahh, yes, and 15 cars models in the line-up like Toyota.

#78 ·
Carlos and Tips shortage are causing upheaval throughout the company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.