Congratulations! The car looks great!
We need some interior pics.
Do you have something specific you want to see? Here are some:

Reactions: qvfan and mtb.ck

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,263 Posts
I just went out on a quick errand, and yeah, I prefer the 2018 steering wheel. In better news though, the handling is just as sick as I remember. I love how you can take turns well in excess of the posted speed and it feels on rails (though I'm not suggesting anyone takes turns above the posted speed limit... ;) )
We're twins, except I have Alfa Rosso and Bright wheels, so call it 90% twins. Like you, I upgraded from a 2018. And like you, I prefer the 2018 steering wheel. If I could swap back to the 2018, I would. Unfortunately the level 2 sensors in the steering wheel make this backwards swap impossible. :(

Congrats, man. I know how awesome it felt to get into my 2020 after several months without my 2018.
If you are both so inclined, Auto fanatic custom fabricated his wheel, and while not cheap, you could do the same to the 20/21 wheel

He replaces the leather with alcantara, but sadly only covers the aluminum trim

·
Registered
F150
32 Posts
Beautiful vehicle, congratulations!

I am just starting to look into GoPedal, did you get the bluetooth version and is it worth it on the QV?

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Hmmm, no follow distance adjustment for the ACC? Can you enable ACC without having autopilot on?
I see yet another light to create interior glare has been added; around the useless to me cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats. Funny, I have the exact same configuration except for the wheels and the colour of the calipers - Trofeos in silver and calipers in yellow. Other than that, colour of stitches, carbon roof, carbon exterieur, bucket seats completely identical. I expect the delivery for May. Enjoy the car, it looks fantastic!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! First time I've seen the tri-red with the carbon roof. Impeccable taste. Agree on the steering wheel. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
265 Posts
Congrats! That is my next car. Either that spec or tropheo white. It looks awesome. Please post some more pics of the roof.

Reactions: BayAreaQV

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
performance might be 1000km setbacks for break-in. D mode might get frisky when you have 650 mi.

Love to see it... DM me if you want to do GG Canyon 2 Peak to Peak sometime. Looks teriffic!!! did you go Sparcos?
Another person on the forum DM'd me about doing some sort of Alfa get together at some point. Is there an existing Colorado Alfa group/thread or do we need to start one?

I'm still pretty unfamiliar with CO, so don't know what drive the GG Canyon 2 Peak to Peak is, but yes, I'm up for a drive at some point, preferably after the break in period : )

Reactions: mtb.ck

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I am just starting to look into GoPedal, did you get the bluetooth version and is it worth it on the QV?
You know, I did buy the Bluetooth version, but I haven't installed it yet, so don't know if it is worth it. What I suspect is going to happen is that I'll find a setting I really like and I'll leave it there, in which case the extra cost for Bluetooth would be unnecessary. But maybe I'm wrong....perhaps I'll find a setting that is great for me in the twisties, and something else for when I'm on the highway heading to work (once the office opens up again).

Reactions: Luni

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hmmm, no follow distance adjustment for the ACC? Can you enable ACC without having autopilot on?
I see yet another light to create interior glare has been added; around the useless to me cigarette lighter.
No idea on the ACC, I haven't opened up the manual yet.

I could see the 12V supply coming in handy, for me at least. For example, I have a battery pack for charging up phones, etc., but it is powerful enough that it comes with jumper cables. I can plug that into the 12V to recharge it. Or perhaps plug in a small travel cooler for a road trip?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Congrats! That is my next car. Either that spec or tropheo white. It looks awesome. Please post some more pics of the roof.
Sure, I can take her out into the sun later this afternoon to snap some pics. Any particular angle(s) you are interested in?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I think the exterior CF packages would look sick with tropheo white, particularly if you went the route of black window tint, black rims. At least for me, personally, the combination of white paint with everything else blacked out is just a killer combination. But I had to go with the comp. red again, I just love it. And it gets even better after it gets ceramic coating.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
No idea on the ACC, I haven't opened up the manual yet.

I could see the 12V supply coming in handy, for me at least. For example, I have a battery pack for charging up phones, etc., but it is powerful enough that it comes with jumper cables. I can plug that into the 12V to recharge it. Or perhaps plug in a small travel cooler for a road trip?
My MY2018 Q4 has a power outlet inside the center console cubby. The USB ports are good for charging phones while said power outlet is unlikely to provide enough current to be able to run a laptop.

You may find that you already have a refrigerated glove box. Check for a small vent at the back of the box on the left. Some cars have it, some do not (like mine); not at all obvious what this is paired with, it is not a directly orderable option.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You may find that you already have a refrigerated glove box. Check for a small vent at the back of the box on the left. Some cars have it, some do not (like mine); not at all obvious what this is paired with, it is not a directly orderable option.
Wait what?! Do you happen to know if there is information about that in the manual IF a car has it? I'll check the glove box and the manual later when I'm done with work (which I'm obviously not doing right at the moment).

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Wait what?! Do you happen to know if there is information about that in the manual IF a car has it? I'll check the glove box and the manual later when I'm done with work (which I'm obviously not doing right at the moment).
I don't know much other than what I already stated. Non-refrigerated has a plain black plug, refrigerated has a vent with rotate to open/close.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Another person on the forum DM'd me about doing some sort of Alfa get together at some point. Is there an existing Colorado Alfa group/thread or do we need to start one?

I'm still pretty unfamiliar with CO, so don't know what drive the GG Canyon 2 Peak to Peak is, but yes, I'm up for a drive at some point, preferably after the break in period : )
I'll DM you to see about a little AR run... perhaps other ARG and local QV folks would like Lyons to P2P to GGate Park 2nd entrance to 93 and back. Kriley Pond and Rolinsville photo ops, or somesuch. 200+ canyon curves of bliss.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
@BayAreaQV How long did your QV take to arrive from port of entry to the dealer?
Five days from arrival at the port in Baltimore (March 19th) to arrival at the dealership in Ohio (March 23rd).

Reactions: dwroman55

·
Registered
19 Posts
The car looks amazing! :love:

I also agree, 2018 steering wheel looks a bit better. I believe you can get aftermarket CF trim pieces for the steering wheel. Just not sure on fit and finish compared to OEM.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Gorgeous QV and spec! Your post and pictures made me realize one thing....looking at my '17 model and comparing it to your brand new model, body is identical. This makes me feel like I'm still driving around in a "new" model car, of course minus the small details inside and infotainment, etc. I'm talking about if both were parked next to each other, one would not know which year is which (except CF roof). I like how Alfa does this, keeps same looking model for more than a few years. You know they have a winning design team. You look at some brands, and they spit out a totally new looking model every couple years. First to come to mind is Mclaren, always pumping out new models year after year. Different price point, but same idea.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts