Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crashed and totaled my 2018 QV in August 2020, and a few months later, I ordered a 2021 QV to replace her.

Configuration:
  • Tri-coat red
  • Dark 5-hole wheels
  • Red calipers
  • Sparco seats
  • White and green stitching
  • Exterior CF package
  • Exposed CF roof
Can't wait to get her! I have ST lowering springs and the Madness Go Pedal here waiting. I'll be taking her for PPF, ceramic coating, and window tinting shortly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That is a BEAUTIFUL CAR!

Question: On the PPF are you getting the full car or just the front protected and what brand of film will you be applying?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a BEAUTIFUL CAR!

Question: On the PPF are you getting the full car or just the front protected and what brand of film will you be applying?
Hey thanks, Fskof! If I can, I'll go with the same PPF coverage as last time: whole front bumper, whole hood, front fenders, a pillars, and mirrors. That plus covering the entire car with Ceramic Pro Gold (so 4 coats of the ceramic) and window tinting came to around $2,500 back then. Doing the whole car with PPF alone can be $5K or more. To each their own, but for me personally, doing the whole car with PPF isn't worth the cost.

Edit: I used Xpel last time. I'll see what the shops around here are offering as options and do some research before making a decision. I didn't dislike anything about the Xpel OTHER THAN it came loose where it was tucked inside the top of the hood. I suspect that was due to all the engine heat coming up out of there, but unless you really were looking for it you wouldn't notice, and besides, I would rather have that than a seam at the top edge of the hood.

·
Registered
330 Posts
That is a nice car mate! Love the second photo! Makes the paint look much deeper. Did they change the side skirts on the '21 or is it the angle? It looks much more subtle-which I like. Enjoy!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Niceee and Congrats again on another fabulous QV! I thought the rear tail lights look different on the newer models, or is that just for the European markets?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a nice car mate! Love the second photo! Makes the paint look much deeper. Did they change the side skirts on the '21 or is it the angle? It looks much more subtle-which I like. Enjoy!
I'm not sure, haven't seen it in person yet. In fact, the car transport guy is supposed to call the day before arrival, and he didn't call yesterday, so maybe it isn't coming today? (sigh)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Niceee and Congrats again on another fabulous QV! I thought the rear tail lights look different on the newer models, or is that just for the European markets?
Hmmm...I don't know if they are any different. I did just look at a pic of my 2018 and the tail lights look the same to me. But I'll take a look when it gets here.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm not sure, haven't seen it in person yet. In fact, the car transport guy is supposed to call the day before arrival, and he didn't call yesterday, so maybe it isn't coming today? (sigh)
Did you use Ferris Bueller transport by chance?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually, the driver just called and he will be here in 1-2 hours 👍

Reactions: kumar_a

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah man, just took her out for a quick spin around town, then a stretch on the highway, then up through farmland back to the house. First impressions, though note it has been 8 months since I last drove my 2018 QV, so in some instances, I've probably just grown accustomed to my crossover:
  • I'm not sure how I feel about the steering wheel. I don't like how little CF there is on the 21 wheel compared with the 2018, that is for sure. But unless I'm remembering incorrectly, the top of the wheel on the 2018 was Alcantara, and I liked the squishy, textured feel for lack of better words. The leather on this wheel is more firm and...I don't know...I don't think I like it as much.
  • They no longer have the retractable CF cover over the front cup holders. Not a deal breaker by any means, but I had liked to be able to stash something in there and close the cover when I was out running errands, etc.
  • I haven't messed with the infotainment yet, so no POV at this point.
  • I drove around in D mode today. I was used to driving in R mode before. D mode didn't feel as awe inspiring as I remember the QV being, but again, maybe that is because it has been a while and what I think I remember isn't really the reality. I'm also probably being a bit softer on the pedal since this is the break in period. Regardless, I have the Madness Go Pedal here and I'm stoked to get that installed. I hated the lag off the line in the 18, and guess what, I still hate it. I really hate it. All this said, when I was on the highway, and stomped on it to pass someone, it did take off like a rocket just like I remembered.
  • She is f'ing sexy. When I had the 18, I grew used to women looking at the car in their side mirrors as I approached at speed, women looking when I approached along side, and even women taking pictures of the car when they pulled up behind me at a stop light. Lots of looking and gawking already on day 1. I'll need to get the windows tinted so people "stop invading my privacy" haha.
  • Really happy with the decision to get the exterior CF package and the exposed CF roof, neither of which I had last time. I hadn't seed those options on a QV in person before I bought them (heck, when I bought the 18, I had never seen a QV in person), but they look great. I had recently realized that the shark fin antennae cover comes in gloss black when you get the exposed CF roof, and I was pissed that they didn't use a CF cover on it to match, but it actually looks good. There is gloss black trim on the outsides of the CF roof, and so the gloss black antennae actually feels right.
Some pics:

THANKS FOR THE HATS AND KEY CHAIN, MIKE!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just went out on a quick errand, and yeah, I prefer the 2018 steering wheel. In better news though, the handling is just as sick as I remember. I love how you can take turns well in excess of the posted speed and it feels on rails (though I'm not suggesting anyone takes turns above the posted speed limit... ;) )

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
692 Posts
I just went out on a quick errand, and yeah, I prefer the 2018 steering wheel. In better news though, the handling is just as sick as I remember. I love how you can take turns well in excess of the posted speed and it feels on rails (though I'm not suggesting anyone takes turns above the posted speed limit... ;) )
We're twins, except I have Alfa Rosso and Bright wheels, so call it 90% twins. Like you, I upgraded from a 2018. And like you, I prefer the 2018 steering wheel. If I could swap back to the 2018, I would. Unfortunately the level 2 sensors in the steering wheel make this backwards swap impossible. :(

Congrats, man. I know how awesome it felt to get into my 2020 after several months without my 2018.

·
Registered
732 Posts
performance might be 1000km setbacks for break-in. D mode might get frisky when you have 650 mi.

Love to see it... DM me if you want to do GG Canyon 2 Peak to Peak sometime. Looks teriffic!!! did you go Sparcos?

Reactions: BayAreaQV
1 - 20 of 44 Posts