Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
The configurator works for me. Interestingly, for 2021 the carbon package now includes the CF steering wheel and a leather wrapped shifter, along with the items that were available for 2020 (CF V grill, CF mirrors, miron badging). Pricing went up by $400 for this option as well though.
That's the price of the cf wheel

·
Registered
343 Posts
Didn’t see seatbelt color option either. Also no new QV colors, not even showing them available later.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Also of note on the QV: the heated rear seats are part of the premium package now. Last year you had to opt out of the heated rear seats to select the Sparcos.

now, if you want the Sparcos and premium package goodies you don’t get the $400 savings. And I bet you don’t get heated rear seats.

tldr: I spend way too much time in configurators. :/

·
Registered
50 Posts
The configurator works for me. Interestingly, for 2021 the carbon package now includes the CF steering wheel and a leather wrapped shifter, along with the items that were available for 2020 (CF V grill, CF mirrors, miron badging). Pricing went up by $400 for this option as well though.
Configurator works for me too.

The Limited Slip Differential is now standard on the TI SPORT.

The adaptive suspension is a stand-alone

$995 option.

You still can not get the walnut trim on the TI SPORT.

(Who wouldn't want real wood rather than plain old brushed aluminum?
Maybe, I am just weird, but I think the leather dash and the real wood really make the car look super-rich.)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
The configurator works for everyone as of today, it just went live.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The configurator works for everyone as of today, it just went live.
Wingler, If I could get my TI SPORT AWD, which has a L.S.D. and is a tractor in the snow,
with your fabulous LUSSO beige interior and my sport seats, that's what I would order for 2021...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Wingler, If I could get my TI SPORT AWD, which has a L.S.D. and is a tractor in the snow,
with your fabulous LUSSO beige interior and my sport seats, that's what I would order for 2021...
You could always move south where snow is not a thing 😂

I guess life is always full of compromises.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
You still can not get the walnut trim on the TI SPORT.

(Who wouldn't want real wood rather than plain old brushed aluminum?
Maybe, I am just weird, but I think the leather dash and the real wood really make the car look super-rich.)
Me. I don't think wood belongs in a car.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Me. I don't think wood belongs in a car.
Matter of taste, but I think the aluminum belongs on the outside, the wood and leather inside.

Reactions: QBeezy

·
Registered
2020 Giulia; 2014 Street Triple R (Triumph); 2012 NC700X (Honda)
156 Posts
I hope this simplification helps Alfa, but I personally think the dealers are the ones doing them in. Shopping for a Stelvio for the wife and casually to replace my Giulia next year, I've been really bummed by the way dealers order these cars.
Identical experience here. This is precisely why I had to factory-order mine.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Didn’t see seatbelt color option either. Also no new QV colors, not even showing them available later.
Shame the US didn't get the seatbelt color options or new paint colors

·
Registered
385 Posts
Seems like you can no longer get the adaptive dampers on the Stelvio Ti Sport? Also super annoying the sound system is not a standalone. Model Y here we come =(

·
Registered
2020 Giulia; 2014 Street Triple R (Triumph); 2012 NC700X (Honda)
156 Posts
When I thought about it, what really struck me is that HK audio has gone from $900 to $3000. What?

The only way to get HK audio is to get the "Premium Package" for $2300. The package includes, in addition to the audio, trivialities such as a cargo net and grocery hooks, plus an arguably trivial alarm upgrade. There's a heated rear seat (MY20 $400) that half the country doesn't need and wireless charging (MY20 $300). That's the package: HK audio plus fluff.

We're not even done yet! You can't have the Premium Package unless you order either the leather package or the carbon package. Leather is cheaper at (MY21) $700, so throw that in whether you want leather or not.

Bottom line: If you want HK audio, be prepared to shell out three big ones and accept a lot of stuff you'd likely never take were it a la carte. But maybe that's the point. It makes me really glad I ordered mine in MY20 because I did the spec the way I wanted it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You could always move south where snow is not a thing 😂

I guess life is always full of compromises.
I agree!

I try to spend the winters in the South West, and the summers in New England.
But, it doesn't always work out the way I plan.

The "Tractor" works great in both climates.

It's great to have a car that can negotiate most public roads under extreme conditions.

And unless I do something I most likely shouldn't be doing on public roads, with
AWD and a LSD, the nannies hardly make their presents known.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giula Ti-Sport Carbon AWD
432 Posts
Also of note on the QV: the heated rear seats are part of the premium package now. Last year you had to opt out of the heated rear seats to select the Sparcos.

now, if you want the Sparcos and premium package goodies you don’t get the $400 savings. And I bet you don’t get heated rear seats.

tldr: I spend way too much time in configurators. :/
you can't add heated rear seats with sparcos on 2020. if you select heated rear seats on 2020, it will revert back to normal seats.

3 things i noticed.

2021 so far doesn't offer CCM on QV, Ti-Sport Carbon model gone & 35w headlight is now available with nero pkg where it wasn't available on 2020.
if you clicked high-perf xenon, it will revert your other selection back to default on 2020.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
296 Posts
The only thing premium about the "Premium Package" is the price. Great for increased profit. Glad I got my 2020 with HK and wireless charging; have no use for the other inclusions. Also glad I was able to get a TI without sunroof. YMMV.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts