2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it doesn't appear that it's quite finished up yet. Clicking BUILD does nothing.

·
Registered
343 Posts
When I spoke to a dealer I was disappointed to learn no new colors available for QVs in NA, (at least right now). 🙁

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
655 Posts
I reckon no updates/changes for MY2021.

I really hope we get a 2-door coupe at some point

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, you can have the QV for the same price that I paid for a Veloce TI in Norway :oops:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Still no configurator available. But I browsed to the 2021 Quad info page on my desktop. I noticed a few interesting things.

The carbon steering wheel no long seems to include any alcantara

the orange color is shown in one of the pictures and has “late availability” next to it.

the green color is shown in the gallery.

·
Registered
210 Posts
They scaled back to four trim levels and base is now Sprint. Simpler in this area will lesson confusion for the average shopper which could help sales and reduce manufacturing costs benefiting the bottom line. Hopefully a win win.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Configurator is still not up, but the general page for the 2021 car is available. Appears to be largely carried over from 2020, which I think is to be expected given the state of the world. The most exciting development, for me at least, is that the Ti Performance Package is now called Performance Package and allows you to spec a sprint with the LSD. Finding a used Q2 car is difficult and the prospect of a very base car with the LSD has me eying my BRZ nervously.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hopefully they haven't placed more barriers to switching off the nannies with the current aftermarket solutions.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty pissed about what they did to the Ti and Ti Sport. I don't want a fucking sun roof, but I do want the options that the Sprint doesn't have.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm pretty pissed about what they did to the Ti and Ti Sport. I don't want a fucking sun roof, but I do want the options that the Sprint doesn't have.
Very true, the Ti sport seats in particular are quite an upgrade over base. I'll be eagerly awaiting a set of discarded QV Sparcos.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I hope this simplification helps Alfa, but I personally think the dealers are the ones doing them in. Shopping for a Stelvio for the wife and casually to replace my Giulia next year, I've been really bummed by the way dealers order these cars.

-Nearly every car in our area has the Nero Edizione for a grand, but almost NONE have the actual performance enhancing diff and dampers for nearly the same money. Inexcusable for such a performance oriented brand. If the package is so common, Alfa should just lean into the trend and make the Nero standard on the Ti Sport. Glad to see the LSD now standard, though I fear the dampers will get ordered even less now.

-Bit of a personal opinion here but I think there are FAR too many dealer-ordered vehicles with red leather trying to lean hard into the Italian-ness. While I know some people really like this color I think it's actually pretty polarizing. It's hard enough convincing your wife to get a performance vehicle without it having a blood-red interior. The chocolate leather in the Stelvio is maybe the most beautiful interior color I've ever seen and it is basically impossible to find.

-Like it or not, driver assistance is going to be a big thing moving forward and there were very few vehicles in our area with it, due to the price. Adaptive cruise should be standard now that it is on nearly every Hyundai/Toyota/Honda product though it's good to see the lvl2 received a price drop for 2021.

- Dealers in our area order probably 75% of their stock with the Audi standard white, grey, or black paint. Nothing wrong with those colors, but IMO there are too few Verde, Misano, Montecarlo shades that Alfa does so well and even fewer with the distinctive yellow calipers.

Our unicorn was a Verde/ Chocolate/ Yellow Stelvio Ti Sport with active dampers to tame the 20" wheels and active driver assist and we couldn't even come close to finding that within 1000 miles. Most dealers consider this a weird enthusiast special order, but how weird is it to just want our very expensive vehicle to have a semi-comfortable ride and reduced driving fatigue on long trips?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I hope this simplification helps Alfa, but I personally think the dealers are the ones doing them in. Shopping for a Stelvio for the wife and casually to replace my Giulia next year, I've been really bummed by the way dealers order these cars.

-Nearly every car in our area has the Nero Edizione for a grand, but almost NONE have the actual performance enhancing diff and dampers for nearly the same money. Inexcusable for such a performance oriented brand. If the package is so common, Alfa should just lean into the trend and make the Nero standard on the Ti Sport. Glad to see the LSD now standard, though I fear the dampers will get ordered even less now.

-Bit of a personal opinion here but I think there are FAR too many dealer-ordered vehicles with red leather trying to lean hard into the Italian-ness. While I know some people really like this color, I find it to be incredibly polarizing and not really our thing. The chocolate leather in the Stelvio is maybe the most beautiful interior color I've ever seen and it is basically impossible to find.

-Like it or not, driver assistance is going to be a big thing moving forward and there were very few vehicles in our area with it, due to the price. Adaptive cruise should be standard now that it is on nearly every Hyundai/Toyota/Honda product though it's good to see the lvl2 received a price drop for 2021.

- Dealers in our area order probably 75% of their stock with the Audi standard white, grey, or black paint. Nothing wrong with those colors, but IMO there are too few Verde, Misano, Montecarlo shades that Alfa does so well and even fewer with the distinctive yellow calipers.

Our unicorn was a Verde/ Chocolate/ Yellow Stelvio Ti Sport with active dampers to tame the 20" wheels and active driver assist and we couldn't even come close to finding that within 1000 miles. Most dealers consider this a weird enthusiast special order, but how weird is it to just want our very expensive vehicle to have a semi-comfortable ride and reduced driving fatigue on long trips?
you’re spot on. Of course I’m an enthusiast so my opinion may not gel with the normal buyer. But these do seem like more common features for other brands at this price point.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
295 Posts

-Bit of a personal opinion here but I think there are FAR too many dealer-ordered vehicles with red leather trying to lean hard into the Italian-ness. While I know some people really like this color I think it's actually pretty polarizing. It's hard enough convincing your wife to get a performance vehicle without it having a blood-red interior. The chocolate leather in the Stelvio is maybe the most beautiful interior color I've ever seen and it is basically impossible to find.

Agree with you about the proliferation of the Nero package. Not everyone is impressed with the boy-racer content, yet the local dealers insist on ordering. They also add the sunroof to every vehicle. I was able to order a stealth Stromboli TI without sunroof but with tan interior, yellow calipers, active assist and adaptive headlights. That vehicle was totally nonexistent on the Alfa locator site.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
414 Posts
Agree with you about the proliferation of the Nero package. Not everyone is impressed with the boy-racer content, yet the local dealers insist on ordering. They also add the sunroof to every vehicle. I was able to order a stealth Stromboli TI without sunroof but with tan interior, yellow calipers, active assist and adaptive headlights. That vehicle was totally nonexistent on the Alfa locator site.
AARRGGGGHH. I hate the Nero Package. My local dealer says that most people want, so that's what he orders. Not a fan.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The configurator works for me. Interestingly, for 2021 the carbon package now includes the CF steering wheel and a leather wrapped shifter, along with the items that were available for 2020 (CF V grill, CF mirrors, miron badging). Pricing went up by $400 for this option as well though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anybody notice that CCM brakes are no longer an option for the QV? Mistake or did they really drop them?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts