Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Potentially new Alfa owner here. Have been looking at Giulia's for a little while, and am currently thinking about buying one of these two:

2020 Giulia Ti w/ 5,000 miles
2019 Giulia Ti w/ 20,000 miles + performance pkg, nero edizione pkg, & 8.8in display

2019 is cheaper by about $1k.

I can't quite decide which one I'd buy. I'd prefer the performance package, but also like the newer model due to less mileage & an extra year of warranty coverage.

Anyone have thoughts? Is the performance package worth it? I live in an urban area and wouldn't be putting a ton of miles on the car, so I'm not sure if I'd really notice the difference.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Hi,

Potentially new Alfa owner here. Have been looking at Giulia's for a little while, and am currently thinking about buying one of these two:

2019 Giulia Ti w/ 20,000 miles + performance pkg, nero edizione pkg, & 8.8in display

I can't quite decide which one I'd buy. I'd prefer the performance package, but also like the newer model due to less mileage & an extra year of warranty coverage.

Anyone have thoughts? Is the performance package worth it? I live in an urban area and wouldn't be putting a ton of miles on the car, so I'm not sure if I'd really notice the difference.

Thanks!
I think you will get very divergent views. I’ve had a 2017 and 2021, neither with the performance package because it just doesn’t matter to me based on my driving conditions and style. The interior finishes are improved on 2020+, as well as the Infotainment system. Along with the mileage and warranty advantage, I’d personally go for the 2020. Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: AbarthEsq

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the a MY 2018 TI Sport with Performance Package, it was a must have for me. I would not get a Giulia without it. Personally I am not a fan of the Nero Package, but I would deal with it for the Performance Package. It is personal preference do whatever makes you the happiest. You will love either of the cars.

·
Registered
2020 TI Sport Rosso Competizione
52 Posts
I think you said it already. Your driving situation doesn’t warrant the performance package. I have a ‘20 without the package and really enjoy it. A $1k delta makes the dollar choice almost irrelevant. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the performance package and enjoy and notice the difference with active suspension modes. It also just seems cool. I haven't driven it hard enough to notice the LSD, but like that it is there if I need it. But given you plan to put many miles on it and driving habits, I would say the 2020 with 15k less miles and longer warranty is better for you. But you should also check the actual warranty expiration date since they could be very close depending on when first sold. Buying an extended warranty before the end of year 3 from one of the online dealers mentioned here may also be a good investment if you plan to keep it long.

Although I also think performance package builds might hold value a little better for enthusiasts in the future if that is any consideration.

wait, just realized I misread that you will NOT be putting many miles on it. I would compare overall condition and other options since can vary regardless of miles, but 15k mile difference is pretty big.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Thanks!
For your use case I would go with the 2020. The performance package will only add significant utility if you auto X/ track the car or frequent winding roads. Although the 2019 with performance package should depreciate less in the long run when you go to sell it/trade it in.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The 2020 is very low mileage, has extra warranty, and the much-needed refreshed interior. No brainer if you ask me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts