Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
More silliness. The stance should not change much at all. That completely defeats the purpose of a coupe as opposed to new model. There may be some redesign for the hybrid system but messing too much for the body will screw up the financials. Unless of course, they just want to go for it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks awesome!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Looks sick, the rear flanks looks a bit like the Mustangs, otherwise I see no resemblance.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Love child of the Giulia and the 8 C

·
Registered
573 Posts
Oh, I am going to have to start doing some serious savings if they do release that in 2020. WOW. Wife would really say I was having a "mid life crisis" but what a 50th birthday present that would be.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's nice, but coupes don't sell in large numbers. Alfa need to concentrate on improving the cars they have, and adding a 5 series sized executive sedan and matching SUV.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oooh I like that a lot! I REALLY hope they come out with a coupe! I would trade in the QV *probably >:)

I see a lot of the Infinit Q60

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Not sure I'm into this design. It's starting to look Asian. I love the 4C, Italian design at its best.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
It should not resemble a 4C. It should resemble a Giulia with literally a "chopped" or "cut" roof. I still think the best photoshops have been the old ones, and without any real buzz at the international shows, we are 2 years out, easily. The rear seats and doors on the Giulia are small enough that I think I will keep mine. Only had passengers back there twice since I took delivery but I hope to increase that, especially with accompanying cocktail dresses ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,172 Posts
I like the design in the first post of this thread; definitely has an American influence.

What I hope they don't do is just lop 2 doors off of it and shorten it. I'd like to see something "special". (ie, it needs to be more than just an Audi A/S/RS5 in terms of design)

I totally expect the coupes to occupy the $50k-$90k range.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Why must it resemble a Giulia? A stretched 4C with the V6 from the Quad would be awesome. In any case, as long as they keep the beautiful flowing lines and don't join in on the "Transformer Cars" of other makers.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Sure OK, but that just sounds like another model to me. Just terminology and my opinion. Not a biggie.

Reactions: 123bjb123

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Looks pretty but at closer look it is just a poor photoshop by AutoBild....those guys make renders years ahead before anything is known about specific cars and usually they are dead wrong....if you look closer, lights are from stelvio, side windows from 8C, look where the radar is pointed to....not to mention the mess of the fender hood fascia joints....somebody in AutoBild put this together in 5 minutes ....I doubt it will look anything like this beside scudetto

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,446 Posts
How about evoking some of the BAT cars?

I want the car to stand on its own and make manufacturers of other luxo-performance coupes quiver.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
OK guys, NOW you are talking. THAT, would put all the grotesque "Shock Jockeys" to bed. Watch them all pick up their marbles and go home. Kinda like what happened with the awful cheese grater, bug headlights on the 4C. The whole reason I bought my Ferraris and Alfa in reverse order. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts