Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
Doesn't it say on the alfausa website?

To make CF look nice it needs a finish layer of cloth, which adds to the cost.

It has been pointed out to me that a flat black hood has the advantage of reducing the potential for glare into the driver's eyes. Functional, although I'm not sure I like the look.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
Doesn't it say on the alfausa website?

To make CF look nice it needs a finish layer of cloth, which adds to the cost.

It has been pointed out to me that a flat black hood has the advantage of reducing the potential for glare into the driver's eyes. Functional, although I'm not sure I like the look.
Quad owners as a group don't strike me as particularly cost-averse.

I struggle with the Abarth Spider's black hood, which looks best to me with white paint.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I like the exposed roofs on the new Stingray Corvettes. My dad has his that way and I think it sets the red off nicely.
MB GT-R have it as well. Pops for sure. Not an option for QV, but maybe in the future.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only reason why I brought it up, because for a brief moment Edmonds showed it as an option. I called the Austin dealership and they had told me that it can be built without the body colored roof but at a cost. However they will get back to me on the confirmation, which I'm still waiting on. So, I wanted to find out if anyone else has knowledge of this?

·
Registered
271 Posts
The only reason why I brought it up, because for a brief moment Edmonds showed it as an option. I called the Austin dealership and they had told me that it can be built without the body colored roof but at a cost. However they will get back to me on the confirmation, which I'm still waiting on. So, I wanted to find out if anyone else has knowledge of this?
Let us know and cost. I'd be surprised. But, I'd gladly pay a few grand to have that as OEM option from factory.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Anything visible is worth paying for.....if however, you spend money (a few grand ) for something no one sees....shame on you....

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
Quad owners as a group don't strike me as particularly cost-averse.

I struggle with the Abarth Spider's black hood, which looks best to me with white paint.
Yah, a flat black hood (assuming the rest of the car is not black) has a certain "crashed and repaired on a budget" look to it.

The downside with a black roof is that when the sun is shining you have a giant solar heat collector over your head and the car heats up really fast.

FWIW: I have previously commented that white Ti's with the black sun roof look really good; it is just not for me.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Anything visible is worth paying for.....if however, you spend money (a few grand ) for something no one sees....shame on you....
Doc, The existing roof is already CF and were already paying for that. However, it might look nice in certain colors with the exposed CF. Curious to see what it looks like in pics now that it is available for $2,000, per the Alfa Configurator.

Registered my indication of interest with my dealer for their first Stelvio Quadrifoglio (likely Fall 2018 delivery). Not sure if I’d just keep or trade the Giulia QV. Could use an AWD SUV for some incremental utility vs the sedan...PLUS...now debating also picking up either a lightly pre-owned Jaguar F Type R Convertible or a Porsche 911 Cabriolet/Boxster Spyder for nice weather. Have located several at good prices.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Good job mc, but don't forget about the possible Giulia coupe. ;)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Doc, The existing roof is already CF and were already paying for that. However, it might look nice in certain colors with the exposed CF. Curious to see what it looks like in pics now that it is available for $2,000, per the Alfa Configurator.

Registered my indication of interest with my dealer for their first Stelvio Quadrifoglio (likely Fall 2018 delivery). Not sure if I’d just keep or trade the Giulia QV. Could use an AWD SUV for some incremental utility vs the sedan...PLUS...now debating also picking up either a lightly pre-owned Jaguar F Type R Convertible or a Porsche 911 Cabriolet/Boxster Spyder for nice weather. Have located several at good prices.
I think the essence of my reply was lost in the typing !!! I was being rather "tongue in cheek" because a fellow forum member stated that paying for a carbon fiber engine cover (as a factory option) to replace the sad plastic shroud on the Quad engine would be a waste of $$ because no one would ever see it.....so I then stated what was quoted about paying for visible items of excess is OK because they can be seen.....

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think the essence of my reply was lost in the typing !!! I was being rather "tongue in cheek" because a fellow forum member stated that paying for a carbon fiber engine cover (as a factory option) to replace the sad plastic shroud on the Quad engine would be a waste of $$ because no one would ever see it.....so I then stated what was quoted about paying for visible items of excess is OK because they can be seen.....
Ahhh, I recall that thread now. I agree with you about the engine covers. Aside from Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Ferrari, the art of beautiful engines seems lost now. :crying:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.