Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 703 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excited to take delivery of your new Giulia? Sure!

Let us know:

Where did you order from?

Did you receive a VIN ?

What tracking info did you receive and from where?

Is the car at port? If so, which port?

What is the target delivery? This seems to be the elusive question!

When you receive your 2018 and if you're just seeing this, let us know how the tracking process worked for you?

Reactions: d1rtyd

·
Registered
190 Posts
Let us know:

OCFiat in Orange County (near LA) on May 31

Did you receive a VIN ?
Yes, via AR Customer Support (live chat) on July 10

None yet: car in JB status since July 10, "the vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment"

Don't know

What is the target delivery? This seems to be the elusive question!
Only the standard "3-4 months" that AR Customer Support has said to me half a dozen times now, which would put us at early October

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Let us know:

Faulkner Alfa - Maserati Mechanicsburg, PA July 3rd, 2017

Did you receive a VIN ?
Yes, about a month later. 7565471

Being the pro-active kind of guy, I've been
calling the AR Customer Care # 844-253-2872
to get updates. TheAlfaRomeoCares
"members" on this forum, help as well.

Will
, at ARCC, 844#, told me that my Giulia was
delivered to the Baltimore port on 9-15-16

What is the target delivery? This seems to be the elusive question.
When I ordered the car, I was told to expect an
October-November delivery date. Since I learned that
it is in Baltimore, I called the Dealership. I was told by
the Sales Manager (on 9-18) that she met with the
Regional Sales Manager (on 9-15), and that he told
her that "no MY2018 Giulias will be delivered to
Dealerships until sometime in October" UGH!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Where did you order from? Jim Butler Alfa Romeo in St. Louis, June 10th

Did you receive a VIN ? 7569779 Just now through Alfa support chat

What tracking info did you receive and from where? Currently in JB status as per Alfa support

Is the car at port? If so, which port? Not that I'm aware of.

What is the target delivery? Hopefully next month.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Today, I continued to press my Dealership Sales Manager about my ordered MY2018 Giulia.
"It's in Baltimore, put it on a truck and ship it!"
She brought me back to reality.
She replied, [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]"They must pass emissions certifications with a new model year, prepare 2018 finance, lease and incentive programs, and they cannot just release 1 or 2 vehicles at a time… There is always a larger "launch plan"."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whatever.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm focusing on the "incentive programs".
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As her regional sales manager stated, ....October.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OK.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]October is only 10 days away.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Where did you order from? The Autobarn Alfa Romeo - Fiat of Evanston, IL 15May2017

Did you receive a VIN? Yes, on 31July2017

What tracking info did you receive and from where? Zero tracking other than website chat with Alfa. Last status a few days ago was. "Your cad is built and now installing additional options selected."

Is the car at port? If so, which port? Oddly enough, back in August, Alfa Chat did mention the car was at port. I have not heard such status since though! I keep getting the statement above ^

What is the target delivery?
No target delivery from anyone.

Comments Here's what I know from talking to various dealers. Initial shipment of cars for each calendar years, dealers have no say at all on configuration besides how many they want. Alfa shoves everything down their throat and that is all. Shipments there after, are configurable by the dealers. With that being said, initial shippment of 2018 Stelvios is already here a few weeks ago. The order the dealer put in right after, is still stuck on the US port for whatever reason along with a whole bunch of other Stelvios and Giulias! The dealer is not getting any info at all and it seems that customs is not holding up the process either. For whatever reason, Alfa seems to be holding up the process. My guess is that quality hit home for them and they're now checking more things?

I suspect the above issue is causing our 2018 Giulias to delay compounded by the fact that i'm sure more QA is taking place as well.

P.S Why did the other thread get closed? I actually looked forward to random comments and crying, honestly! It was my fix for not have the car yet. :( Please re-open!
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/3...ering/19225-my2018-when-will-they-arrive.html

Reactions: Chanosh and Roo

·
Registered
190 Posts
Where did you order from? The Autobarn Alfa Romeo - Fiat of Evanston, IL 15May2017

Did you receive a VIN? Yes, on 31July2017

What tracking info did you receive and from where? Zero tracking other than website chat with Alfa. Last status a few days ago was. "Your cad is built and now installing additional options selected."

Is the car at port? If so, which port? Oddly enough, back in August, Alfa Chat did mention the car was at port. I have not heard such status since though! I keep getting the statement above ^

What is the target delivery?
No target delivery from anyone.

Comments Here's what I know from talking to various dealers. Initial shipment of cars for each calendar years, dealers have no say at all on configuration besides how many they want. Alfa shoves everything down their throat and that is all. Shipments there after, are configurable by the dealers. With that being said, initial shippment of 2018 Stelvios is already here a few weeks ago. The order the dealer put in right after, is still stuck on the US port for whatever reason along with a whole bunch of other Stelvios and Giulias! The dealer is not getting any info at all and it seems that customs is not holding up the process either. For whatever reason, Alfa seems to be holding up the process. My guess is that quality hit home for them and they're now checking more things?

I suspect the above issue is causing our 2018 Giulias to delay compounded by the fact that i'm sure more QA is taking place as well.
I like your signature.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

Let us know:

Where did you order from? Central Alfa Fiat, Norwood, MA

Did you receive a VIN ? Yes, from dealer, end of July

What tracking info did you receive and from where? Build date, JB Status, En route to port from MacGeek, AR Cares Chat

Is the car at port? If so, which port? Not sure yet

What is the target delivery? This seems to be the elusive question! Dealer estimated October to March

When you receive your 2018 and if you're just seeing this, let us know how the tracking process worked for you? My order has Vehicle Order tracking and FAM: GA TRACKING: 70719L06 MY:2018 on my build sheet
My response above
q
e
d

·
Registered
190 Posts
My response above
q
e
d
John, my build sheet shows exactly the same thing as yours, which leads me to believe that the tracking number itself isn't for tracking the car in any way, unless it's country specific (i.e. all US cars have that same tracking code). Just for reference, mine says: "FAM: GA TRACKING: 70719L06 MY:2018"

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Roo, I found from a couple searches the last month or so that our statement "GA TRACKING" or some variety of it brings up "Google Analytics" an a blurb about how to set it up or use it on Google+ or whatever. I think Alfa is using it but it is proprietary to their account.

I emailed my dealer on Monday along with some info on the ships. No response yet. They may be dug in and busy on end of year clearance.

And it the coupe materializes I will need to think about depreciation and trade in value.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Nothing to do with Google. It should be read as:

FAM: GA (family: Giulia)
TRACKING: ****** (tracking number)
MY: 2018 (self explanatory)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Thanks MacGeek, but how is it that our two different cars have the same tracking number? Is it just a place filler on the build sheet?

Wait, just had a thought... If AlfaAndy's car is here, and his VIN is later than me and Roo, then maybe this refers to the entire shipment. All of our cars may be in Baltimore collecting dust, but hopefully not MILES!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks MacGeek, but how is it that our two different cars have the same tracking number? Is it just a place filler on the build sheet?

Wait, just had a thought... If AlfaAndy's car is here, and his VIN is later than me and Roo, then maybe this refers to the entire shipment. All of our cars may be in Baltimore collecting dust, but hopefully not MILES!
John, while I desperately want this to be true, I?m skeptical for a couple reasons. First, dealer and Alfa Customer Support insist my car is still in Italy. Second, 2017 giulias at California dealerships have the port of entry as San Diego. Seems unlikely that they?d change this for 2018 (but certainly possible), and unless the same boat is now going to make its way through the Panama Canal, I don?t think my car would have been on that boat to begin with.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Sorry, I don't get this, Is there a link for tracking Your vehicle?
If so, can anyone post that for me to try?

BR,
Do you have the VIN? Either way,
Call the toll free 844# (listed in my earlier post) and ask direct questions.
Where is my Giulia now?
When will it be delivered to my Dealership?
Demand satisfaction!

·
Registered
422 Posts

Let us know:

Where did you order from? Alfa Romeo of Albuquerque. Order in on May 15

Did you receive a VIN ? Yes.
What tracking info did you receive and from where? Alfa Chat initially (became comically scripted ), Alfa Romeo Cares

Is the car at port? If so, which port? Complete Unkown. Same JB status for 2 months now

What is the target delivery? This seems to be the elusive question! See Above:grin2:

When you receive your 2018 and if you're just seeing this, let us know how the tracking process worked for you?

Just adding this line cuz forum says 'add more characters '

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The next question is... who will be the 1st to take delivery of their 2018 ?!?

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
i have a feeling most of us will get the window sticker the same day. Then it is just delivery from port. I checked with dealer on Friday, same deal. 1st shipment of Stelvio's are still stuck at port which pushes back the Giulias.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Let us know:

Where did you order from? AR of Walnut Creek, CA, (near San Francisco) ordered on May 13

Did you receive a VIN ? Yes - on July 31 7564676

What tracking info did you receive and from where? None. I called Alfa Care yesterday and they state " the vehicle has been built and is awaiting additional equipment" - which they also said was smog related.

Is the car at port? If so, which port? Don't know

What is the target delivery? This seems to be the elusive question! Original estimate was 4 to 5 months - I am at 4 months and one week, and holding.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i have a feeling most of us will get the window sticker the same day. Then it is just delivery from port. I checked with dealer on Friday, same deal. 1st shipment of Stelvio's are still stuck at port which pushes back the Giulias.
Stelvios are already at dealers and have been for 2+ months... some dealers have already gotten additional shipments of Stelvios.

1 - 20 of 703 Posts