Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I picked up my new to me 2018 Giulia ti Lusso today. It's a CPO car. Only had 5,900 miles on it when I picked it up. More now as it was a 175 mile drive home. It's a stablemate to my 2018 Abarth Spider. I'll post a pic when I get to my big computer. Can't seem to upload any pictures from my smart phone.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,525 Posts
Hello all. I picked up my new to me 2018 Giulia ti Lusso today. It's a CPO car. Only had 5,900 miles on it when I picked it up. More now as it was a 175 mile drive home. It's a stablemate to my 2018 Abarth Spider. I'll post a pic when I get to my big computer. Can't seem to upload any pictures from my smart phone.
Welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations on your new Alfa, I also live in New York state and I notice you had them put that garbage license plate on the front of the beautiful nose ( I have it also) it sucks. I did want it on my 2011 grant sport corvette, didn't want it on my 2018 Alfa on on my 2021 Alfa but don't want to give Police PC to stop and give me a $150 ticket. Another reason way N.Y. state sucks. Good luck with your Alfa. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never had the chance to object. Unfortunately it was already on the car when I got it but I agree the plate holder looks worse than a monster zip on prom night. Looked at removing it but it appears to be attached with 4 screws to the bumper cover as well as at the center of the holder where a tow eye could be.
I'm in Albany. What area of NYS are you in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you buy your Alfa from Keeler Motor car? I just traded my 2018 in with 28866 miles on it. To answer your question I live in Blue Ridge, N.Y. Off exit 29 of Northway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought mine from Westbury Alfa Romeo on Long Island. It only had 5,600 miles on it! Wow, you're really in the North Country. I bought my 2018 Abarth Spider from Krystal CDJRF in Warrensburg NY. Exit 23 off the Northway. Perhaps we'll bump into each other around Lake George at some point if you're down that way at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't go to Lake George, I stay away from that place. According to Keeler's service manager who worked for Maserati Alfa Romero of Albany I'm the only Alfa owner north of Glens Falls in 2018 I was the only owner north of Saratoga. Here is a pic of my 2021 ti. Two months ago I was reviewing this web site and some guy purchased a set of floor mats I really liked them and my set just showed up yesterday. What do you think?.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the mats. Sport interior seats look much better than the Lusso. A bit more like the Recaro seats in my Spider. Usually if we stop in LG it's on the BMW bike and not a car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't own any more bikes too many people don't pay attention when their driving. I drove an 18 wheeler for 40 years public is nuts glad I'm retired and sold my last "Big Rig" in 2008 biggest truck I want to drive is my GMC 2500 HD.
Hay, you like LG I make a yearly drive from my home to Ticonderoga south on 9N down to Silver bay over Tongue Mt. to Bolton Landing. Took the trip last weekend with the Alfa went over the mountain at 65 MPH could have gone faster but my wife was getting upset cause one of our grand daughters was with us. So, I'm waiting for my wife to be working and I'll do it again, alone. Love that Mountain. 1960 going north from Bolton to Ticonderoga started down mountain my father lost the brakes on his 1956 Oldsmobile used hand brake to the bottom he got out of car drink a six pack and smoked a pack of cigarettes and drove to Hauge for brake repairs Father told us to get on the floor and stay there. Never forget that trip. I also came down that mountain in a 18 wheeler Once just to stay I did it. I shot my first buck on that mountain back in 1971 just after I came home from Viet Nam. I see ESQ. after your name, are you a lawyer?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I am a lawyer. I worked in hospital administration in Cincinnati before that. Went to law school at night while working. I'm with you on the driving public being nearly homicidal. This may be the last season for a bike. I'll be 67 this year (not that in itself is an issue) and four wheels is becoming a preference. I now consciously consider that people are trying to kill me when on a bike so the fun factor is going away. I'm originally from near Utica. Started hunting with my uncles at my great grandfather's camp on the Black Creek near Grant NY. Got my first buck there in 1970. Only had the Giulia less than a week but really like it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2018 was great the first year but started to have brake issues and the center cluster on dash when out on three different periods over the three years last year when Depaula dropped the Alfa I had to bring the car to Hartford Conn. The car was there for two weeks Roadside came to my home picked the unit up and bring it back. Then this March it started all over again, this time needed two rear tires, brake pads and rotors just with 28000 miles. The brake and dash problems are known by Alfa just read the blogs and Alfa made good but the rotors were $850 out of my pocket plus the $550 bucks for the two rear tires just a week before the rotor problems so, keep your eyes on the rear tires and brake pads make sure you check tire pressure all the time those run flat tires wear fast, I don't care for them at all. Alfa Road side are great and Keeler's Service manager, Tara she was at Depaula and she knows Alfa's well she is great to work with. She even gave me a Maserati for a day when I had to bring my car for service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, good information to have. I'll watch those things. Hopefully I'll be lucky on the center cluster. I've got the 8 year 100,000 Alfa maximum care extended warranty so that should help. I'm religious about PM and car care so I'll be watching.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
3 Posts
For anybody inclined to fix the front plate situation I'd recommend looking at bumper plugs. I just got a 2018 in montecarlo blue and they sent me perfectly color matched set, and the dealer I bought it from had the tow point cover so I should be all set. Its currently at a detail shop awaiting ceramic coating and window tinting, and the guy there is gonna install the plugs and tow point cover for me. I'm sure ill be posting pics in this forum when its all done next week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts